Hey ive almost beign playing 3 months now and i gotta question

my basic question here today is how long does it take for a average playing guitarist to handle songs like these or alike these;

Jordan - Buckethead
Dragonforce - Through Fire And Flames
Metallica - One
Buckethead - Nottingham Lace
All That Remains - Six

just a question ( please dont flame because i put a dragonforce song in )

Thanks!
It all depends on the amount of time you actually play the guitar and how quickly your skills are improving. Out of that list, though, I'd say One would be the easiest and you could probably play that the earliest of any of those.
I learned all of Through The Fire And Flames in two days. The solos were a bit rusty, but I had it all remembered. I can usually learn a whole song in about an hour, and have it down perfect in a day or two.

You probably won't be able to play any of those after only 3 months, unless you really take your time.
Quote by sk8rMeTaLhEaD27
one isn't hard at all, you've got to be kidding me.

The solo may be difficult for someone who's been playing for 3 months.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
I learned all of Through The Fire And Flames in two days. The solos were a bit rusty, but I had it all remembered. I can usually learn a whole song in about an hour, and have it down perfect in a day or two.

You probably won't be able to play any of those after only 3 months, unless you really take your time.

i call bs unless you put a vid, not even the people who made the damn song can play it well, but if you can props to you
The distinction here is between writing at that caliber and just plain playing.

I'm a firm supporter of the belief that given enough practice, anyone can play anything. I've only been playing for about four years, and only in the last year have I gotten serious in playing beyond simple chord songs. I sat down one day and decided to learn Canon Rock for kicks, and that song was way above my skill level. But once I slowed it down, learned the notes, got my picking cleaner and more accurate, developed muscle memory... a few months later, I knew the whole song. So, once you become comfortable with the neck and you've synchronized your hands, anything is possible in my opinion.

The songs you listed are really complicated. To write anything of that caliber, to make anything original at high speeds and technical proficiency, that requires years upon years of study and playing. All of those guitarists (with the exception of All that Remains, I don't even know them) have been playing for at least ten years, and are very dedicated to their study of the instrument. You might be able to replicate their creations, but it takes a long time to reach their level of greatness.
My Gear
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG520QS
'78 Ibanez Les Paul copy
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Fender Telecaster
Vantage Semihollow
Line6 AX2 212 combo modeling amplifier
youll need years of experience before you can do dragonforce and buckethead, if not just for your technique to be good enough for them to sound good. You cant really put a time on them though, it depends on how much and how often you practice
Quote by ironman1478
i call bs unless you put a vid, not even the people who made the damn song can play it well, but if you can props to you

I said the solos are rusty. Apart from some of the solos, it's not that difficult of a song.
Quote by AngelOfHatred

post vids.

this forums is full of bullsh1tters.
Quote by pos69sum
post vids.

this forums is full of bullsh1tters.

I ain't gots no camera. I would gladly post a video if I had one.

I don't see why you're saying bs, it's not THAT hard to do. Maybe for someone who's been playing for less than 1-2 years.
by the way i think you get all of your difficult songs from guitar hero haha excluding notingham lace. it takes a long time though. i mean if you sit down just to learn the song is one thing but if you sit down to learn the techniques and have your skills equal that of those guitarists it will take years if not decades.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by Twisted Magnum
4/5 of those songs are from Guitar Hero.

good call
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by AngelOfHatred
The solo may be difficult for someone who's been playing for 3 months.

solo is hard for me and I play for over 2 years....but i'm not a shredding kind of guitarist
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
^ depends which solo if you are taking about that crazy fast one where kirk goes berserk than yeah not many can but the other solos arent that hard
Quote by Eminored
Hard fact here: That song has sweep-picking in it. You need a lot of experience prior to even starting something like that.

I can sweep fairly well, though.
Quote by Eminored
Yeah but this thread isn't about you. It's about his skills and what he's getting through.

Yeah, the fast solo is kinda crazy, but those slower ones also teach you a bit of good technique.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect someone that's been playing for 3 months, or even 2 years to be able to do the fast solos in that song. I can barely get them, and I've been playing for 6 years.
the solo from one is just tapping. tapping should not be hard for TS if he puts a few weeks into it.
Quote by rky
the solo from one is just tapping. tapping should not be hard for TS if he puts a few weeks into it.

The first 15 seconds or so is tapping, not the whole solo.
best of luck and keep on practising, it will come.. 24 years later and learning something new every week....!

Learn the basics, notes, progressions and basic chords, then move on to complete songs !

As said, it depends on how much you play, your determination, play with a buddy and bounce off eachother for ideas..
Six isn't very hard minus the solo once your right hand is up to it. One you can pick well and nail fast triplets you should be able to do it. I can play a sort of sloppy version at full speed and a pretty clean version about 20bpm slower. Go on you tube and look for killrbuckeye playing it and download his GP tab it is the best. Slow it down in GP and practice it till you can build up the speed. At 3 months though you still have some time but you can start trying it now just slow it down a great deal and learn the notes.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
4/5 of those songs are from Guitar Hero.

nuff said
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by Eminored
Hard fact here: That song has sweep-picking in it. You need a lot of experience prior to even starting something like that.

straight bs right there.

sweeping may be advanced, but you can learn sweeps at ~month3-4 and actually get good at them.

i introduced a friend of mine to guitar...~4 months ago. He only listens to bands like sinergy, CoB, nevermore, megadeth etc etc..so basically didnt have any fun stuff that he actually liked to start out with except for judas priest and maiden.

Anyways, to make a long story short (btw we're roomates in college so I see his progress daily)....he started learning sweeps a month ago.

He can play 3 string sweeps up to speed in most sinergy songs and bodom songs, and can play fluid 50% speed clean 5-6 string sweeps too.

Sweeping is not that hard, it just takes a lot of practice and time. He puts in the time because he really likes sweeping.

DONT go around telling people sweeping is for reallly experienced guitar players because its straight bs. Anyone can learn almost any technique with enough time put in, after 2-3 months of just getting used to the guitar after starting.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
AND so what if some are from guitar hero?
if a song is on guitar hero its automatically bad?
guitar hero has nothing to do with this thread!
i would love to be able to play all guitar hero songs on guitar but i couldnt give a rat's arse really.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Hey ive almost beign playing 3 months now and i gotta question

my basic question here today is how long does it take for a average playing guitarist to handle songs like these or alike these;

Jordan - Buckethead
Dragonforce - Through Fire And Flames
Metallica - One
Buckethead - Nottingham Lace
All That Remains - Six

just a question ( please dont flame because i put a dragonforce song in )

Thanks!

That song is 1000X easier than you think.
no one can say that the solo in One is easy without lying. that solo is a bitch to play
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Um one would be the easiest to learn out of those the intro solo was one of the first solo's I learn't, But if you want to go for metallica have a go at fade to black the solo's are easy in that song.