Hey! I just played a digitech JamMan at the store yesterday and it is making me more and more anxious to get my looper pedal. I want to mainly use it as a practice/songwriting tool, but would also like to be able to use it in a live setting if possible. I have narrowed my choice down to three units and have no clue which one will serve me the best. I have read good and bad about them all.

Digitech JamMan

Lexicon JamMan

Boss RC-50

I have heard that the lexicon has the best sound quality and have heard it live many times (Keller Williams). However, it does not seem to have the features and only has up to 32 seconds of looping. How does Keller use it to loop whole songs if it only has 32 seconds of looping capabilities. I like the price of the Digitech the best, but it is only mono. Will that limit my sounds/tone? Also, does the Digitech have a mic input like the RC50 does? Hmm... I am at a loss! Any ideas?
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Digitech does have the mic input. i also experience little to no tone loss with mine. i actually love it! i use it all the time.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Also... what about the boomerang looper pedal. Anyone have any experience with that?
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
nah. ive used the boss and the digitech. the only reason i got the digitech over the boss is the digitech has a flash drive and holds a bunch more loops. the boss is a little easier to use though. thats why they give you manuals though!
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
The boomerang is insane, just really expensive.
If you want a good delay with a looper, try the Akai Headrush 2 or the Boss DD20.
You could also try the Boss RC-20.
When I get the cash I am probably going to get the Akai Headrush E2, so check that out too.

The digitech looks damn nice though...
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi