I have ordered an American Standard Series Stratocaster; it should be here within two weeks.

It is Olympic White with a maple fretboard.

Cost me about $1000 CDN, but I also traded in my Epi LP towards it.

Gosh, I'm excited.

Pictures shall come when it arrives.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Feb 16, 2008,
i love the white with the maple--best of luck
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Schweet.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Is it a new one? The one with a different bridge, different pickups, and a whole bunch of new stuff? That should be great. Some sound clips would be awesome as well if possible.
Quote by qotsa1998
Is it a new one? The one with a different bridge, different pickups, and a whole bunch of new stuff? That should be great. Some sound clips would be awesome as well if possible.

Yes, it was the new one.

I will try and post a few sound clips, but preferrably after the tube amp is purchased so it doesn't kill your ears.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
After that comes a tube amp, and since I can finance it over 12 months (up to 12) it will be fine.

As important and nice tube amps may be, I'd highly recommend against a financing deal.

Seriously, you'll be much better of setting aside the money you'd otherwise have to spend on your loan, and then buying a tube amps with your actual savings.

The new guitar you just bought shows that you're able to make rational decisions, so you should be able to think of the many reasons why putting yourself in debt isn't a good thing.

Seriously, it's not a huge loan, but it is a loan.

Besides, let's just take a worst case scenario: you get your new amp and

a) it falls down the stairs, ending up at the bottom completely smashed up

b) you realize after 3 months it isn't the amp for you, and you sell it

In both cases you're left without an amp and yet you still have to pay for the thing months after you sold/destroyed it. In the second scenario you will some money from the sale, but it won't be enough to completely cover the rest of the loan.

Hell, even if you like the amp, after having it for a while you get out of your "honeymoon" period, whilst still having to pay for the thing for many months to come.

Add to that the fact that debt, in any form, is almost always bad and it becomes obvious why saving and then buying is a better idea than just buying and then figuring out where to get your money from.

In the end, when you get a new amp you'll want it to be your amp, instead of having to pay for it for months....

I'm sorry for putting a boring lecture on debt in your new guitar thread, especially seeing as it's an awesome guitar, but this is pretty important stuff. You only have to look at America to know that sticking yourself in debt is bad.

Of course, getting a huge mortgage on your home, which you then can't pay off, is a different thing from getting a financing deal on your amp, but the basic principle is the same, though.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 16, 2008,
No, I know that, but I don't mind, since the financing isn't too bad (like $80 a month). Besides, L&M gave me a good warranty on the thing, and I'll probably guard it with my life.
<< Never exactly liked strats...
but now i find myself considering a squier.....
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah