Okay, so I totally recorded some songs recently using Windows sound recorder. (Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. It actually works decently when used correctly.) The only problem is, everything's in wav format. And when I try to convert it to an MP3, it distorts the track until it sounds absolutely horrible. Am I just doing it wrong, like settings-wise, or is there some über-special trick to converting that I don't know about? o_O;

BTW, the tracks work when I play them in iTunes. so I think maybe iTunes has converted them to mp3's? Or something. But IDK how to access the folder or whatever to yank them from iTunes to an uploadable folder. If that makes any sense... I'm technologically retarded...

Anyways, any help is appreciated. <3
I'm not 100%, but when you hit save as, name it 'xxxxx.mp3' without quotes, obviously!
How are you converting it? You can convert in iTunes, and under Edit-Preferences-Advanced it'll tell you the folder where it's stored. Copy it (Control-C) and paste it to Windows Explorer/My Computer. You'll find it. Alternatively, you can change the folder where it's stored to someplace reasonable.

By default it's:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Windows Account name)\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music
Quote by Fast_Fingers
How are you converting it? You can convert in iTunes, and under Edit-Preferences-Advanced it'll tell you the folder where it's stored. Copy it (Control-C) and paste it to Windows Explorer/My Computer. You'll find it. Alternatively, you can change the folder where it's stored to someplace reasonable.

By default it's:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Windows Account name)\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music

how do you convert something to MP3 in itunes?
I'm a person.
Edit - Preferences - Advanced - Importing. Choose MP3 Encoder under "Import under" and select your bitrate preferences. 192kbps and up's recommended. I recommend using Variable Bit Rate and Joint Stereo to save space without a loss in quality.