So I bought a pair of brass knucks yesterday at the Army Surplus store and I was wondering what the legalities are on them. Any help?
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
How much were they? and no idea sorry.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
They were about 12 bucks but the store's going out of business so everything is 30% off.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
I'm reasonably sure that using that actually using them to beat people is slightly illegal.
check for where you live.

brass knuckles are weapons (something designed to injure others). if you walk around with them in your pockets you are considered carrying a concealed weapon. (my friend was on probation for like a year because of that).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
i'm not sure...
but it certainly would be unsportsman like to have them under a pair of thinly padded gloves while playing football
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
You should be fine just owning them as long as you don't carry them around/brandish them at the elderly.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Yeah I have a "paperweight" in the shape of brass knuckles. lol.... carrying them or using them on anyone would be illegal but having it out on my desk I'm pretty sure is not.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
my friends got some, he says they are legal in massachussettes
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Eh, beaten to it. lol... "paperweights"
Too many people own guitars. Someone had better go play a... clarinet or something.

:stickpoke

That means you.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i once sneezed and a mushed up chip flew out my nose
needless to say i immediatly ate it
Its illegal to carry them as a weapon. You can't be having a weapon on you just for having a weapon. If you can say they are for something else then you can have them. There is no law that says you can't own a piece of brass though.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Depends where you live. Don't take them with you if you go to school though. If anyone knew you had them there I'm guessing you'd get expelled. Not like you can explain brass knucks away with their "alternate use".
It would be similiar to me walking around with a pair of nunchucks...the police dont like that.
Basicly it's a weapon
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
illigal in ny.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Well it's illegal to beat people. Or just hurt people in any way. So I'm sorry, but I don't think beating people ups is ok just because you're using a weapon to do so.
Quote by yellowshirtguy
Its illegal to carry them as a weapon. You can't be having a weapon on you just for having a weapon. If you can say they are for something else then you can have them. There is no law that says you can't own a piece of brass though.

what else could they be? oooh these are my brass knuckles i use them as sunglasses.....also there is no law to say u cant own a peice of brass, but there is against a peice of brass used specifically to beat/kill people
-Mike Tyson
yeah but carrying them around im pretty sure is illegal, if they are considered a weapon where you live
-Mike Tyson
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Dude, just never ever use them for the purpose they were created.
Which makes his purchase an utter waste of money.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!