Hello

I've seen Fender and Charvel guitars adverstise this a lot. Hand-rolled edges supposedly make it feel comfortable and worn-in. I was wondering what it was that they do to the neck.

Aparently, they sand down the sides of the neck to make it feel rounder.

But don't ALL guitars have this?
Without it, wouldn't you have protruding fret edges sticking out?

My cheapo Ibanez GSA60 has a perfectly rounded neck with the frets sanded at an angle. It feels nice and smooth, and always has.

So what's the big deal?
A few of the gibsons I've tried have sharp-edged necks. It's just a trait of the Fender style, and hence worth mentioning.
My Epiphone G-400 is fairly sharp down the edge of the neck, but I'm so used to it it doesn't bother me.
I was recently in the market for an electric and tried two MIM strats. Both of which had fret that on the bottom of the neck were sharp enough to draw blood. It was like playing a guitar with 21 small razors on it. I am sure the American Standard Strats are better, at least I hope they are.
Quote by gregs1020
I was recently in the market for an electric and tried two MIM strats. Both of which had fret that on the bottom of the neck were sharp enough to draw blood. It was like playing a guitar with 21 small razors on it. I am sure the American Standard Strats are better, at least I hope they are.

American standards feel great, in my experience, at least.

And I've tried some mexican strats with no problems like that (apart from the 21 frets. I'm used to having 22)