How do I go about getting this paint job... without buying the guitar? Is it paint or stain or a combination of the two? Does anyone know the name of the paint/stain color they used to get this look (bisides it being a quilted vintage sunburst)? The only thing I know about painting is it's way more fun if it's done in a unventilated room.

Black outside, red then main orange? looks pretty sick
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
erm i think

1) black edge
2) stain orange ( the middle colour) everything
3) going from in to out stain the bridge between the black and the orange.
4) Clearcoat
5) polish like a biatch
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Transparent orange/amber/yellow over the entire body, transparent red around the edge, opaque black around the very edge of the guitar.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Do you think it's all stain or is the black paint? Also, quilting is in the wood, not the paint, right?

Thanks for your help.
yes, quilting is in the wood, the orange and red are stained, the black is painted (easiest if you have an airbrush/spray gun of some sort) then clearcoat over the whole thing
Quote by rednwhiteblues
yes, quilting is in the wood, the orange and red are stained, the black is painted (easiest if you have an airbrush/spray gun of some sort) then clearcoat over the whole thing

Nah, I really think Will_Minus got it. Very few major manufacturers stain the wood these days, and a transparent coat will do the job just fine.