First of i wanna say iam sorry if i posted this in the wrong section,i didnt know if i was to post this in The Pit ore The Mucian Talk,but since i play bass i thought i post here.

i was wondering is there any free music program that enables you to record your bass thru a Mic ore if you plug it straight into the computer and use a adapter,and that gives you the advantage of recording diffrent tracks and mix them stuff like that?

the program should be free

/cheers
audacity
theres a thread about it in the recording forum i think, check that out
Quote by AdamV
audacity
theres a thread about it in the recording forum i think, check that out

Ah Recording forum you say,ill check that right now

I've used to use Goldwave, it has a very long try out period.
But it expried a few days ago, and to be honest, other programs aren't as good as it.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by InvaderRen
make sure you have a amp/preamp before you plug in

And whatever you do, if you're using your bass head, do NOT run it from the speaker out to your soundcard. You would have to be an idiot to do that *lowers head in shame*
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
And whatever you do, if you're using your bass head, do NOT run it from the speaker out to your soundcard. You would have to be an idiot to do that *lowers head in shame*

Well, then how exactly would you do it then? I have the GK-700RB-II, how would I hook that into my laptop then? (I have the instrument cable to usb converter cable)
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Everybody wants a free program that is decent and bug-free for audio editing. Frankly, if you want a proper audio edition program, look in some magazines and on websites for the best programs. It might be hard to justify the cost of these programs, but once you do, you'll find that having enough money is an investment well spent.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 17, 2008,
Just download something intermediate-ish off a p2p network. I downloaded a cracked version of cakewalk that usually costs 300 for free. so yeah, cakewalk, adobe, nero and everyone has ok recording software. google is your friend.
Quote by mhylands
Well, then how exactly would you do it then? I have the GK-700RB-II, how would I hook that into my laptop then? (I have the instrument cable to usb converter cable)

Use the line out, tuner out or something like that.
Quote by thefitz
Everybody wants a free program that is decent and bug-free for audio editing. Frankly, if you want a proper audio edition program, look in some magazines and on websites for the best programs. It might be hard to justify the cost of these programs, but once you do, you'll find that having enough money is an investment well spent.

It's true though.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Windows Recorder...
Audacity works fine, too. But the interface is ass ugly.