Poll: Which pedal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pedal?
Line 6 Pod XT Live
0 0%
Boss GT-8
6 100%
Voters: 6.
Hi. So I'm planning on buying either a Boss GT-8 or a Line 6 Pod XT Live within a week. I will be playing it through my valveking head and Mesa 4x12 cab using my Jackson DK2M. I'm not too concerned about the amp and cab models as people say it ruins the tube tone of the valveking. So which pedal should I get for use of the onboard effects? Thanks.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Effect processors are not the answer in my opinion. For what you pay for a gt-8 or wait for the 10 you can get some decent stomp pedals that will sound a lot nicer. Don't mean to offend multi effect users just never liked them.
Quote by modernp
Effect processors are not the answer in my opinion. For what you pay for a gt-8 or wait for the 10 you can get some decent stomp pedals that will sound a lot nicer. Don't mean to offend multi effect users just never liked them.

Yeah, I've heard from a lot of people that they wish they'd never bought multi-effect boards.
Jack of all trades; Master of none.
well first of all what kind of music do you play?

edit: nvm i looked at your profile. so im gonna say you listen/play metal rock n a bit of blues.

1 get rid of that uber metal...more like uber sh*t. get a Boss distortion pedal or a big/metal muff or if you can find it, a proco rat

2 get a delay pedal I have a DD-6 wich i find is great but took a chunk out of my wallet so maybe a DD-3 or even an analog delay, whatever you think is best.

3 get something like a phaser or a compression/sustainer. just to add a little flare and help make your own sound.

but most of all. try the pedals before you buy them!!!!!!
dont just take my word or anyone elses word

oh and you are gonna want to get a power source. you can get a brick or just an adapter n daisy chain them all together

cheers
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by NOtrab at Feb 16, 2008,
If you really want to go the multi-fx route, than you can't go wrong with a GT-8, but you should really consider using single pedals instead.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.