Alright so yesterday was jamming along have a good time. Bam my amp just started playing like half power and barely any distortion. I was like wtf. So I turned it off think maybe I've been playing it to long at too loud or something. So today went to play again, same deal, half vol no distortion. So I opened up my electronics cavity screwed around. Nothing is loose or unhooked or soldered wrong. So I check my jack. everything was fine in there. So I check my multiple cables. There all the same, half vol no distortion. So I switch out my jack on the ax. Same freaking deal. So I've narrowed it down to my amp. It's a Behringer GMX210 i think. 2x10 60 watt 2 channel solid state. Please UG's super genius's help me. Oh yeah, I kinda sorta need my amp for tomorrow...
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
no idear man, **** like that used to happen to my amp but it was just the jack in the guitar so iunno wat the deal is with your amp. bummer
I think it would be safe for me to say that something in your amp blew, maybe a capacitor...

that's about the extent of my amp skills, sorry.

btw. Behringer is notorious for being mediocre in pretty much everything they do, just for future reference.
Same damn thing happened to an amp I got yesterday. I'm thinking it's a transistor on the output (except my amp has no transistors, just a 2210 chip and a 4558 op-amp). Maybe that's what's wrong with yours, too. Good luck finding the little bastard.
Sounds like a damaged component, but not easily determined without a function generator and oscilloscope, sorry ; -(
Quote by kaplac
. Behringer is notorious for being mediocre in pretty much everything they do, just for future reference.

Oh I know it. I bought it thinking oh Behringer's tough it'll last me. Second day I had to get it serviced

Quote by Invader Jim
Same damn thing happened to an amp I got yesterday. I'm thinking it's a transistor on the output (except my amp has no transistors, just a 2210 chip and a 4558 op-amp). Maybe that's what's wrong with yours, too. Good luck finding the little bastard.
Screw that shit it's a 200 dollar amp and I'm in the market anyways. I'd just mess around and try to build some circuitry skills.

Please take note kiddy's don't. buy. behringer.

Thanks for all your help guys!!
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by shredforbread33

yeah i'd put that in my sig as well if i had the space.

It must be a problem with your amp because if your guitar was acting up you'd still have full volume, just no distortion. Yeah just get a new amp.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Ok I just pulled out the jack in the amp.
and its attached to a small blue circuit board, With a blue cylinder with 100uF25y (idk what to call these resistors, diodes w/e) a Yellow Block with 100nJ100 on it, a green pill like thing with 2A2233J and a Black thing with 2 prongs on the bottom soldered to the board. also there was 3 black and 1 red wires attached to something else on the amp that I was able to unclip. So my guess is I have to replace this. But if I take it to Radio Shack A) Will they replace it or B) Will they have the parts to fix it and will the they fix it for me?
Thanks guys
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by kaplac
I think it would be safe for me to say that something in your amp blew, maybe a capacitor...

that's about the extent of my amp skills, sorry.

btw. Behringer is notorious for being mediocre in pretty much everything they do, just for future reference.

Quote by shredforbread33

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Am I the only person on ALL of UG that has no problem with Behringer gear at all?
I use the V-Amp Pro Effects Pre-Amp, the FCB1010, a rack tuner, 2 delays & an ocataver.
I've never had problems with them.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Umm i'm not sure about what radioshack would do but the "blue 100uF cylinder" is a capacitor i think and the "black thing" sounds like a transistor. I'm not sure about the other components but i hope that helps? Hurray for GCSE electronics lol
Gear!
Guitars:
Epiphone Dot VS
Ovation Celebrity CC024
Jackson JS30DK
Squier Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass
Pedals:
Vox OTT Boost
Amps:
Laney LV300
Quote by 595escape!
Umm i'm not sure about what radioshack would do but the "blue 100uF cylinder" is a capacitor i think and the "black thing" sounds like a transistor. I'm not sure about the other components but i hope that helps? Hurray for GCSE electronics lol

Ok thanks man
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112