ive played this at my local guitar shop and it sounds amazing much better then a vox valvetronix i was thinking of buying. should i buy this instead of the valvetronix i already have a bunch of pedals(borrowed, mine) for it and really dont need all the effects the vox provides. the orange is alot more but i get a good plan like a certain amount a month or something like that. I play in a band and needed a amp to get over my drummer and i play metallica, megadeth, iron maiden any good 80s metal you name it. so the orange or vox? thanks
Definitely go for the orange, especially if you have a good OD pedal in your arsenal. What kind of pedals will you be using?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The Orange by far, but there are probably a great number of amps between the two in price that would do a nice job for you, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Sid McCall
Definitely go for the orange, especially if you have a good OD pedal in your arsenal. What kind of pedals will you be using?

metal muff man, u think that would work good?
The amp is good. Use the amp's OD if you aren't gonna sell the Metal Muff. Dist pedals don't go well with overdriven amps. Get an OD pedal if you want to use a pedal.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by Gabel
Check out my video review!

yeah man thatnks alot, props on the video you just made my decision for my next amp thanks!
Quote by Gabel

one last thing though how does this do with pedals judging it has no fx loop?
Well it depends. Like if you want ULTRA clean sound from modulation, then not too well I'm afraid. But works well with pahsers and chorus in the front though!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Well it depends. Like if you want ULTRA clean sound from modulation, then not too well I'm afraid. But works well with pahsers and chorus in the front though!

how about a distortion pedal with the likes of the metal muff?
The amp is good. Use the amp's OD if you aren't gonna sell the Metal Muff. Dist pedals don't go well with overdriven amps. Get an OD pedal if you want to use a pedal.

Well dist and OD pedals always go up front so, there should be no problem there! My R30 lvoes my OD pedals!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Well dist and OD pedals always go up front so, there should be no problem there! My R30 lvoes my OD pedals!

alright cool, thanks alot

Though I would recommend an OD pedal, the OCD being my favourite choice, instead.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band