hey guys, im trying to learn laid to rest by lamb of god, theres a video link posted below, i have a spidjer III 75 and im having troubles getting the right sound because im terrible at using the EQ, can someone recomend general settings to get that good metal sound? the guy in the video used the same amp, but i cannot get ahold of him so thats why im posting here, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VH_Hb-HLuc
I like playin that song too. The closest i can get on a line 6 is Treble 9 Bass 10 Mids 4, i really dont know though, lol

PS: thats the best metal sound i can get at those settings

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
The guy in the video has a terrible tone...

Try Gain 9 Bass 7 Mid 4 Treble 8 and Presence 8

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
The guy in the video has a terrible tone...

Try Gain 9 Bass 7 Mid 4 Treble 8 and Presence 8

is the presence similar to reverb?
You go to the Ultimate Settings Thread.

EDIT: ^No
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I have a JCM800 with a maxon OD-9 and I can get it decently well, but def not quite. Mesa's are in a league of their own with the lows man
Haha, that kid in the video sounds like hes using a hive of bees as an amplifier.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by JustinT80
is the presence similar to reverb?

no. no it's not. Presence is boosting some of the treble-frequencies, reverb give the sound a more "roomey" feeling
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by REPOMAN
Try..

a Mark IV A Spider won't do it.

yeah, the video doesnt have the greatest tone, but it works for me for playing in my room
Yeah, you shouldn't try to attain the tone in that video. And don't fall into the trap of scooping out your mids (low or no middle, with high bass and treble).
i go for
gain - 2 o'clock
bass - 1 o'clock
mids - 10/11 o'clcok
presence - 3 o'clock

and i scoop the mids a bit on the graphic e.q

this is on my Randall v2 tho :/ would probably work if u use the rock setting, or whatever the one below insane is on your spider
i have the same amp and im guessing that he's using a peddle lol, but for what i use to play that song is the red light insane setting (thats supposed to sound like a mesa boogie dual rectifier...hmmm...) Treble up full, bass almost full and scoop the mids to just over half, have some high gain and use the distortion boost (when u turn the gain over half hold the tap button) and thought sounds good for LOG, or alternetively use the crazy train preset that sounds good 4 it hope i helped.
Last edited by axe_man at Feb 16, 2008,
I have a spider 2. Insane channel the green one without the phaser.
drive:full
bass:0
Mids:full
Treble:full
Chan Volume:full

ya i know it might sound reli static and digital but so does laid to rest. if u have two guitar like someone to jam with make your buddy but put bass at 3 o clock. jsut try it out. It sounded like the mids are maxed out on laid to rest.
the red metal setting might work but that channel sounds extremly digital.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Quote by Spider22

ya i know it might sound reli static and digital but so does laid to rest. if u have two guitar like someone to jam with make your buddy but put bass at 3 o clock. jsut try it out. It sounded like the mids are maxed out on laid to rest.

This could do Lamb of God pretty well, I'd roll off the gain and treble a bit and add bass though. The top end of the spider is like ice-picks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Laid To Rest does NOT sound static and digital. It sounds like a decent tube amp with the power amp being driven hard with a bit of preamp gain thrown in there. You can thank their Mark IV's for their nice sound.

Seriously though. I've said this before to people, gain isn't everything. I only ever put the pre gain on my 5150 up to about 5.5, usually 5 or less for gigs. Don't dime your gain. I've heard some amazing sounding metal tones coming from Marshall JCM 800's (without boosts and overdrives aswell...). Gain really isn't everything. Turn it down until its just overdrive rather than OMGZ BROOTALZ GAIN LOLZ. Then play that **** agressively. For the LOG tone, keep the mids fairly high, adjust the bass so it sounds full but not overpowering, and then turn the treble down until there's a bit of a blanket-over-the-amp effect going on, then turn it up a bit, so it clears up a tad. Also, if you have a presence knob, then turn it to 0, play a riff, and if there isn't a SLIGHT fizzyness to it (not the horrible kind of solid state fizz, a pleasant fizz) turn it up a tad, but don't go overboard.

Should get you pretty close indeed. You're not gonna get it perfect without Mesa Mark IV shortheads and Framus cabs, but you can get close. It's not hard to get solid state equipment to sound decent. All SS stuff is ever made to do is EMULATE tube gear. I managed to get my Pod XT to sound quite good when I realised I was being silly dialling it in, putting the gain to full, diming treble controls n **** like that.
Quote by Spider22

ya i know it might sound reli static and digital but so does laid to rest.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

..HAHAHAH

You're tone deaf.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Spider22
ya i know it might sound reli static and digital but so does laid to rest.

And if it sounds "static" or "digital" in anyway, it's because Lamb Of God is a band made up of players that play so cleanly and tightly that you could hear a pin drop inbetween each note. Plus Machine is a good producer, it's one of the cleanest metal albums I've ever heard.
I use these settings for my metal tone:

Bass- 7.5
Mids- 4
Treble- 10
Prescence- 7.5

(And with my distortion pedal...)
Level- 2.5
Low- 5
High- 10
Distortion-6

Hope this helps!
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Spider22

0 Bass...

Are you kidding me, turn the bas up to about 10, mids around 3-4, and treble around 6
I really don't think posting EQ info is going to help with Spiders, especially if you're on the Insane channel. The EQ on it is so terrible that the sound barely even changes when adjusting the knobs. Well it was like that on a Spider II.

But if you really have to try, make sure the mids arent scoooped.
To get the video from that specific video, a Boss MT-2 can do it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?