Hey everyone,
So i own a 100 watt fender twin which happens to be the love of my life but sometimes its not always practical to take it wherever I want, so for example if I want to go play with my guitar in another room for a little bit......so im looking for a really cheap small amp for that sort of purpose like a fender frontman or something....anyhow does anyone have any suggestions?
Bones, sinking like stones.
no
bad idea.
Originally Posted by Death_switch
Why would anyone learn to read braille through sight? This reminds me of a vending machine I saw with braille on the buttons. I mean what's the point if you can't see what the buttons correspond with?
why is that a bad idea? what aspect of it is bad...my twin weighs over a hundred pounds
It can be a good idea
I can understand the issue, twins are notoriously havy
Maybe look at the smaller Valvetronix and maybe the Cube? (but i think the smaller cubes don't have great amp models :/)
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
My frontman was ok for a practice amp when i used it.. 25 watt one i think is like $120...
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
what about the little vox's are they any good?
Quote by Rivers
Hey everyone,
So i own a 100 watt fender twin which happens to be the love of my life but sometimes its not always practical to take it wherever I want, so for example if I want to go play with my guitar in another room for a little bit......so im looking for a really cheap small amp for that sort of purpose like a fender frontman or something....anyhow does anyone have any suggestions?

I reccomend trying to find an old Premier Amp, they are very simple and amazingly nice. I currently have a Twin-8T and it is the most toneful amp ive ever used.

Other than that one of the Epiphone tube amps or a Crate Tube amp.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
A Roland Micro Cube if you want versatility, or a little 5 watt tube combo if you're looking for tone.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
what watt is the microcube? do u think you could play along with a drummer if the occasion arises?
The Micro Cube wouldn't be able to, but it's older brother the Cube 30 can. The micro is only 2 watts if I'm not mistaken.

A 5 watt tube would be able to, but it'd have absolutely no cleans at that volume.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Yeah - what Aetius said!

Fender just started building the Fender Champion 600. I picked one up for $191 at my local Guitar Center a couple of months ago. It's got a 6V6 and a 12AX7 - makes 5 watts -uses a 6" speaker. Has a volume knob and an on/off switch and that's it. You crank it to 12 (the max) and let your hands do the rest. It does have very nice vintage tone - I suspect a Twin lover would really enjoy it.

It's great for sitting around the living room - you can play soft and people can still talk. You can jam with acoustic guitars if you don't lean into it too hard. It doesn't have enough guts to keep up with a drummer (need a Pro Jr at least - for a quiet drummer - otherwise as we all know - you need 40 or more watts.) I take it to a buddy's house and jam with him - and he plays thru a Marshall TSL 50 watt combo (master-volumed way back of course.)

I love this amp.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2330100000

Pretty little thing too...