I've been playing a guitar with a P-90 in it recently and I've fallen in love with it. As someone who is relatively new to the concept of modding, I'm wondering if some of you people with more experience than I have can tell me how viablie it is to replace the neck pickup of a Fender Jaguar ('62 American Reissue) with a P-90, and the kind of things I would be getting into by doing so.
Thanks in advance.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
No..ew, gross, don't do it.
No!!
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
And why not?
No one dared
Quote by Me2NiK
I've been playing a guitar with a P-90 in it recently and I've fallen in love with it. As someone who is relatively new to the concept of modding, I'm wondering if some of you people with more experience than I have can tell me how viablie it is to replace the neck pickup of a Fender Jaguar ('62 American Reissue) with a P-90, and the kind of things I would be getting into by doing so.
Thanks in advance.

Pretty much you would be turning it into a Jazzmaster....
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Nay, because I want the bridge pickup to remain the Jaguar's. I'm also hoping to leave the bass cut and whatnot intact. The Jazzmaster is also a full-sized guitar, Jaguar's a short scale, etc.
No one dared
P90s wont fit in single coil slots. The soapbars apparently fit in minihumbucker slots. And they make humbucker sized p90s. P90s definatly have a different sound. I really like the ones I mounted in one of my LPs.
Yeah, I'm aware that they won't fit in single coil slots (they're bigger than that =P) but what would I have to go about doing to remedy this?
No one dared
route out some wood.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Well, I can handle that. I was under the impression that there was more work involved.
No one dared
if it was me i'd save up and get the guitar with P-90s rather tahn putting them in the Jaguar. It wont make them sound the same as there are other facters to make them sound like they do, wood ect. So it wont be quite the sound you heard with the P-90s.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
I myself wouldn't be comfortable putting a hole in a perfectly good American Jaguar... but if its what you want