Can anyone give me some info on jackson necks? My RR1 is comming in next week, unfortunatly I have never played a jackson, so I really have no idea how the neck feels. I thought I heard somewhere that jackson necks are comparable to Ibanez necks, is this true?
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
I like my Jackson's neck.. but what's the point here? You've already bought it, so you'll find out soon enough. Everyone's got a different preference for necks ya know
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Jackson has thin u necks I think. Definately thicker than a ibanez
Quote by dookie_dude_
Then go in a Fall Out Boy mosh pit. There much safer considering there only 13 year old girls in it.
Jackson necks are pretty thin, but not Ibanez thin. The fretboards are also a bit wider than Ibanez. In general they are smaller than Schecter though. Likewise, the compund radius is super comfy to play imo, and plays really smooth.
I love the necks on my Jacksons.
Randy Rhoads & Slash forever!

Guitars: Jackson RR3, Jackson Custom Warrior, Jackson Dinky, Jay Turser RR Copy V, Aria STG (my first guitar), Kenneth Acoustic
You bought a guitar and you've never touched anything similar to it?
I Like Cake
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
u bought a guitar w/o trying it?

Yes I did, because I am pretty much forced to because there are no guitar stores within at least 2 hours of where I live, if I dont like it I can always just send it back.
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
Yeah, a lot of the Jacksons I've tried are very similair to Ibanez's I've played. They're usually very quick, probably the only difference is that I find Jacksons to be a lot quicker and easier to bend then an Ibanez.
The Pit. The Movie.
the back of the neck is pretty flat. and its neck thru so you get good clearance to upper frets. good action
I like Jackson necks but not as much as I like Ibanez. They are thinnish. (Is that a word? Firefox doesn't say it's wrong...)
I have a Jackson Soloist MG. The neck is comparable to a strat C neck. Defiantely not thick.......not wide either Like an Ibanez.

It slightly thicker than my strat neck. Some Ibanez necks....are really thin....but WIDE as hell......I am sure the RR is differnt than mine....
I have a Kelly, which I've heard has the thinnest neck on a production model Jackson. It's very comfy and it isnt actually super duper thin like Wizard-II's. The RR's are just a tad thicker.