Page 1 of 4
Ok guys, I need suggestions.

Me and my partner have been going out for a few years now, we've lived together for 2 years, and we've just finished signing paperwork to move into a bigger house than we're living in now. We've been on holiday together to mexico, and are hopefully going to cyprus in october.

Now the thought of proposing has been in my mind for a while. I know she wants me to, and I've decided I will about a month ago.

So today I went and bought a ring, for those that are interested: http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/4984722/
Thats the one i bought today.

This is where I need some suggestions. Its her birthday tomorrow and I want to do it then. I want to make it as romantic as I can, and although I already have a few ideas, I would like some more

Basically, can anyone suggest any romantic ideas. Like should I do it in a restaurant? On the sea front after a meal? Should I fit out the front room in candles and whatnot and ask her there?

Anyone got any suggestions? It needs to be romantic!!!! (She says I need to be more romantic ).

Before anyone posts stupid answers, just remember, I have the ban-stick. raWr.
So yea... Suggestions please?
Attachments:
4984722.jpg
Been away, am back
Good luck, man. Hope all goes well

As for the romanticism, give me a minute to think...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Do it on a TV show.

Congrats.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
that's a nice ring
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by Logz

Before anyone posts stupid answers, just remember, I have the ban-stick. raWr.
So yea... Suggestions please?

DAMMIT, I was gonna suggest you tie it to your pubes then when you pull your pants down she'd see it.

Where do you live? Is there a natural beauty spot near by you could find an excuse to go to?

Don't put it in food/drink, You'll never be able to look at it again if you know it's been in her poop.
I guess do it in a quiet but nice resteraunt, hint to her that its comming through out the dinner, then wait til desert or something? I dunno, im 17 lol.. congrats though!!
Awwwwww, that's so sweet =D

Do it when on the seafront, that'll be so lovely <3

Aww, I hope it goes well. Good luck
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Do you have tickets, or cards, or any tangible objects that has connection with her? Because, if you have enough, I suggest them placing somewhere to form "Will you marry me?"
Spiral Out
Don't do it in a restaurant. What if she says no with all those people watching?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
why is it that whenever someone says "my partner" I always get an image of a gay or lesbian couple.

erm on topic. I'd go for doing it on the sea front, where nobody can bother you....plus its more romantic

Quote by AcdcKicksAss
You could do the classic ring in food type of thing.

what if she swallowed it, choked and died?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
I don't have any romantic idea's off the top of my head, but dont do it in a public place with people about. Make it so it's jst you two.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Is there anywhere nice you can take her for a walk? Take her out for dinner, go for a walk and get down on your knee at the appropriate moment. Don't do anything cheesy; doing it in a restaurant is old hat and quite risky. Good luck and hopefully congrats
Quote by freedoms_stain
DAMMIT, I was gonna suggest you tie it to your pubes then when you pull your pants down she'd see it.

... I think she might notice...

"What are you doin?"
"Nothin. Stay the fuck still".

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys... and girls.

Edit: Lol@SD
Been away, am back
do it on the sea front, and then if she says yes, have a firework rocket to set off (which will then act as a signal to a bunch of your friends or family who have a full display set up). that'd be pretty sweet and romantic.
Quote by SilentDeftone
THIS!

-SD

One of the comments

"ADRi3NN3nJO3Y (1 day ago)

i luve diz song so much remindz me of alot in ma relationshipz "

Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Do it in the street so everyone can see you declaring your love

Yes, that DOES have a dual meaning
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/velvetrevolver/ Join if you love Velvet Revolver!

Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by Liberation
She looks like she'd belong in Motley Crue.
They also looked pretty hot back in the day.
I'm a guy, but I'd still bang Nikki.
Dude, congrats! As for romance you know I'm a hopeless romantic.

... seafront?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Nice ring.

Do you think she's the kind of girl that would love for other people to see you propose to her, or does she want it to be more of a private occasion?

If it's the latter, take her for a walk on the beach or something and propose there.
Good luck with tomorrow - hope it all goes well.

Or ask her if you want to go to bed after your meal and put the ring on her pillow.

I dunno', this is a **** idea.
Quote by Kensai
Dude, congrats! As for romance you know I'm a hopeless romantic.

... seafront?

well, Blackpool is fairly close I guess.......or is that not the same kind of seafront atmosphere
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Awwwwww, that's so sweet =D

Do it when on the seafront, that'll be so lovely <3

Aww, I hope it goes well. Good luck

English seafronts are hardly very romantic though. I hate to be a pessimist, but chances are it'll be raining and freezing cold, not the whole romantic movie idea of a nice warm, dry evening with a beautiful sunset that everyone seems to be thinking of...
Aww congratulations man. I'd say go with the old classic, take her to dinner and pretend to drop something on the floor, on your way back up, take the ring out of your pocket and propose
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by bequickorbedead
English seafronts are hardly very romantic though. I hate to be a pessimist, but chances are it'll be raining and freezing cold, not the whole romantic movie idea of a nice warm, dry evening with a beautiful sunset that everyone seems to be thinking of...

...Oh yeah
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Take her to some nice and face place, and then propose to her there. The whole kneeling stuff in front of everyone.
And if not, this is what you want to do:
http://tinyurl.com/39ej68
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Logz
Edit: Lol@SD

You know me, I just can't stop pimpin'.

Quote by daft
"ADRi3NN3nJO3Y (1 day ago)

i luve diz song so much remindz me of alot in ma relationshipz "

-SD
CHARGE DA LAZR AN SHOOP DA...oh, wow, that is a big ban-stick.

Do it in a hot air balloon, that's creative. The only problem is if she says no, the ride down will be veeeeery uncomfortable.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Where you guys had your first date or her favorite spot to go... either way she'd like it
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
The seafront sounds like the best idea of those anyway. I don't know what your girl is like but mine wouldn't have liked it being too public.
The seafront after a romantic meal in a fancy restaurant (during which she will have been expecting you to pop the question as girls are psychic about things like that) Provided it's a nice seafront and not a run down dump.
Bring a bottle of champagne from the restaurant with you and have two glasses, for after she says yes. Perhaps if it's at all feasible you could have a small table with a candle ready to be lit and chairs waiting on the beach and you can sit together afterwards and watch the sea. Have your guitar waiting for you? Have friends set it up for before you get there or something and sneak away when they see you coming.

Hopefully that's a possible idea.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by wiggy1988
well, Blackpool is fairly close I guess.......or is that not the same kind of seafront atmosphere

I wouldn't know. I'm just hoping I'll get invited to the wedding. I mean, who else is going to be the token drunk guy who ruins everything? Frenchy?

Oh wait
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

Plymouth Seafront. Good news: Is going to be sunny tomorrow. Bad news: -4C tonight.

I do like the idea of it bein on the bed when we get it With me walkin in behind her so when she picks it up im already on me knee when she turns around...

Our first date? It was on the grass in that picture at night. It was cold.

lol@SD... I remember my l33t photoshop skills back then.
Been away, am back
Page 1 of 4