hey guys
in need of urgent help from someone
being the idiot i am, didnt read the instructions and removied all the strinsg at opnce on my rg350dx, now the edge 3 tremolo has sunken into its cavity and the manual says this is called "up pull" or something.

ive tried loosening tension and whatnot underneath but still no joy it doesnt want to suspend out of its cavity,

can anyone help me??
I think you've gotta loosen the screws, but have you tried just restringing?

EDIT: Oh, I read incorrectly, you did loosen the screws. well they're not very sensitive, how long did you spend playing with them? I actually have to manually raise my bridge by hand then just roll it up to the tension I need.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Feb 16, 2008,
You have to loosen the claw screws in your trem cavity (counter-clockwise turning). Currently your springs are putting too much tension as compared to your strings. If you have already done this, then retune the guitar because as you loosen the claw screws the strings will go sharp.
oh right cheers,
do i just need to equal the string tension with the trem tension, as im tuning it its coming up slowly!

thanks guys!!

Quote by FRDesign
Tune your guitar.

this guys right. Dont mess with it at all. Just put new strings on it.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
its confusing and slightly irritating, whenever i tune another string, the string i tuned before goes out of tune, and the trem keeps moving while im trying to fix it
im gonna have to wait until monday now to take it back to the shop i got it from to sort it out :/

or does anyone know what i need to do, ive replaced the strings but im getting the problem of when i tune that they're not staying in tune

if anyonw can help me with this i will be mega grateful!
Quote by rollerzeke
its confusing and slightly irritating, whenever i tune another string, the string i tuned before goes out of tune, and the trem keeps moving while im trying to fix it
im gonna have to wait until monday now to take it back to the shop i got it from to sort it out :/

or does anyone know what i need to do, ive replaced the strings but im getting the problem of when i tune that they're not staying in tune

if anyonw can help me with this i will be mega grateful!
Keep tuning, it will eventually come into tune.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750052&page=1&highlight=edge+III

Read that
thanks
i tune it up but then the trem is proper raised at like a 45 degree angle haha
does that mean i just need to lower the trem tension?
also i changed from 10s to 9s so am i gonan have to fine tune all that stuff aswell yeah?
sorry to be a pain!
Basically, when you're tuning, undo all the locks in the nut, adjust the fine tuners so that they're in the middle of their potential range, then usethe main tuners to bring the strings up to the right note, doesn't have to be accurate, as long as its at least as high as the note you're tuning to. Do that with all the strings and repeat continuously until you can bring them into perfect tuning without upsetting all the other strings. The adjust the spring tension in the back so that the bridge floats parallel with the body and repeat until all strings are in tune and bridge is parallel with the body.
Tremolos are such a pain
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1