Poll: Which Do You Like Better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Do You Like Better?
Ibanez Xiphos
7 12%
Gibson X-Plorer
32 56%
Like 'Em both
15 26%
Hate 'Em
3 5%
Voters: 57.
Which do you think is better?

I personally like the looks and sound of the gibson but i hear the Xiphos is Sweet!

So what do you think?
Last edited by Meximini at Feb 16, 2008,
the xiphos has a locking trem, REALLY highoutput pickups, fast neck, neck thru and a more aggressive look.

the explorer has a slightly thicker neck, great pickups, glued in neck and modern look.

play both and pick one
for metal, the ibanez, just because of the locking trem...you'll regret not having one...
well i think i personally would go for the Ibanez , but i really like both
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I just looked at the Xiphos since I've never seen it before and...

Ah, I don't like it as much as the X-Plorer. (Sorry).

The Xplorers don't have a Tremelo System, so if you'd like that then go for the Xiphos.

I just think Xplorers would sound better sicne they are a little bit more expensive. But thats's just me, I haven't played the Xiphos (And because of the looks, I don't think I will anytime soon). (Im jk).
Quote by Mockingbird452
I just looked at the Xiphos since I've never seen it before and...

Ah, I don't like it as much as the X-Plorer. (Sorry).

The Xplorers don't have a Tremelo System, so if you'd like that then go for the Xiphos.

I just think Xplorers would sound better sicne they are a little bit more expensive. But thats's just me, I haven't played the Xiphos (And because of the looks, I don't think I will anytime soon). (Im jk).

LUL WUT?

cost = not really relative.

totally diff axes IMO.
one is a shred machine, other is a great rock axe.
like comparing fillet steak to sirloin...both taste great and will fulfil an appetite.
but in different ways.
Explorer. If you want metal, just throw some EMGs in, and (though they can't take as much of a beating) you can always throw a Bigsby tremolo and a roller nut on.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Xiphios has an edge 3 and if you don't set it up right it's crap.
Get the explorer.
I don't even shred
Explorer. easily. best looking guitar ever made
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Slightly biased here, considering, but I'd still go for the the Explorer. I've played the Xiphios before, and they don;t grab me the same way that the explorers do.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I like Ibanez but If I had the money I would easily take the explorer, They are sexy.
*stomach churned at sight of Ibanez*
Go for the X-plorer, even if the new century finish never really worked for it, it does look kinda classy
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I prefer explorers. More meaty tone.

You might as well consider the Xiphos a non trem guitar, it has the Edge III which is a horrible excuse for a budget trem.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah, I say xiphos because of the neck-thru construction and pick-ups, but it's apparently a poorly balanced guitar, and has the edge 3, so It's basically a tie in my books.
dude go for the xplorer.. mi mate has the xiphos the the strap thingies break alot... the paint wears out easli the trem stays in no tune and it has considerable fret buzz
I like them both. I haven't really play either, but I know the Xiphos has the whammy and the neck-thru, 24 frets, plus the awesome finish, the Xplorer is a classic.