Could someone recommend a good, inexpensive 4 ohm speaker? I'm planning on building a cab for a fender champ 600.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
erm mate, the sound quality you will get out a home made cab will be **** unless you pay some serious money on it, you are better off getting a cheap cab than making a cheap cab, but i duno, cheek ebay
I think the celestion gt12t 100 is available in a 4 ohm, let me check on that. Yep i checked and it is available in 4 ohm and is a nice speaker. Not many people talk about it and usually suggest a vintage 30 or something but your options are somewhat limited @ 4 ohms. $67.00 at www.avatarspeakers.com

Nevermind, i just realized it requires a 6" speaker. Maybe you could cut the 12" in half
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Lynchworm at Feb 16, 2008,
Make a cab with two speakers, so you can use 8ohm ones. I'd recommend a 2x10.
Quote by callum2903
erm mate, the sound quality you will get out a home made cab will be **** unless you pay some serious money on it, you are better off getting a cheap cab than making a cheap cab, but i duno, cheek ebay

Sound quality has more to do with build quality than materials used in the case of cabinetry. As long as you use some nice, thicker plyboard preferrably birch, and build it well it should be fine.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio