Page 1 of 4
As some of you know, the UG ORIGINAL ALBUM is coming out, and is in desperate need of an album cover. I am calling upon everyone with any artistic skill, as well as those with some ACTUAL artistic skill, to make the most utterly EPIC album cover you can think of.

a picture that is the epitome of the epicness of UG.

I'm talking about a guy raising a severed head while riding a horse rearing on its hind legs on the edge of a cliff, with a massive army hobbits covering the land below.

I'm talking about a giant sea-monster struggling to escape the murderous hands of Poseidon.

I'm talking about Icarus reaching out to grasp the hand of Zeus as his wings melt just before he falls into the ocean, into the MOUTH of the sea monster struggling to escape the murderous hands of Poseidon so he can eat Icarus because Icarus helped raise the massive hobbit army to kill the only person who really understood the sea monster...

Epic is the key word here. I don't know how epic the actual music will be (although i've listened to some songs, and there's going to be some good stuff, i assure you), but the album cover is most certainly going to be epic. Everyone do SOMETHING. i'm really hoping a lot of people who were in the MS Paint Competition thread will give this a shot, as well as anyone who can put some good detail into their picture. Let's all give this a go, shall we?
Hows about just the UG logo thing like on the title page with a plain black background, and the UG 'U' for 'Ultimate Album' ???
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
Hows about just the UG logo thing like on the title page with a plain black background, and the UG 'U' for 'Ultimate Album' ???

that's pretty clever.

How about a picture of Herman Riiiiiiiiii and then have a speech bubble with him saying "Waka waka?"
i photoshop.
u guys throw down ideas maybe ill do one. ive got time to do work tonight
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I like the ideas, but I need some more information.
Such as:
-What size should the artwork be?
-What resolution?
-Is this for just the cover, or should we do a back cover and inner booklet as well?
-Should there be text?
-When's the deadline?
Hm....

Mustakrakish and Thunderhorse Crushing their Battle Opponent's Balls whilst drinking Duncan Hills Coffee?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me

first cover!
amidoinitrite?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
as far as the size goes, i don't really know the actual size of an album cover, so anyone who has that info would be appreciated.

the deadline for the actual album is unknown. the songs are going to be turned in on the 26th, but there's still the voting process and the tracklisting arrangement and whatnot, as well as actually posting the album for download. there's plenty of time to work on it, so it should be of good quality.

since the album isn't going to be in CD form, and there won't actually be a printed cover, i think the picture should be as big as necessary to look really, really cool. the only writing on the front should be UG Original Album. the back/inner booklet won't be an issue at the moment, as we haven't figured out the tracklist and the credits, etc.
So far as conveying UG is concerned, I'm sure we either need the pear or the shoop da woop in there somewhere...
But thinking seriously - Black rider, with raised SG in hand, on a stadium which is layed out like a bedroom. Any thoughts?
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
*Posts Bannable Pear*

It should be a picture of a screenshot of the UG lords or something
██████████████████████████████
Epic... hum....

EDIT:
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Last edited by Bleeding_me at Feb 16, 2008,
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

I'm talking about a guy raising a severed head while riding a horse rearing on its hind legs on the edge of a cliff, with a massive army hobbits covering the land below.

Yeah, I'm bored.
not to screw anyone's artistic mindset up or anything, but i think the cover should convey UG in a more emotional/experiential way. the cover doesn't need a guitar on it, (and probably shouldn't have one, as it's kinda cliche) and it doesn't need any memes. it's kind of like how you make a poem sad using imagery, without ever using any synonyms for the word 'sad'.

besides, if it's completely original, it could be a new UG symbol/picture that's completely groundbreaking. if whoever does this plays their cards right, they could be a part of UG history. just like the album and its contributors probably will be.
i think THE pear would be the perfect cover
and then on teh inside, have that hanster that has the OMG!!!1!
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
no memes allowed, sorry.

He's no meme, he's my actual cat! Hold on, working on a cover.
oh, and if this thread dies (which it probably will) while you're still working on the cover, just PM it to me when you're done. or search for whatever UG album thread is up at the moment and i'll find it there.
What can I say? I like colours.

The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
awesome, but not epic. i'm hoping there's someone working on something right now that's going to take a long time to make, because otherwise i'm screwed.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
What can I say? I like colours.

I see someone pelvic thrusting with a guitar in that picture.

Pelvic Thrusts = Yes

edit: the typos stay, that is non-negotiable
Last edited by julio1987 at Feb 16, 2008,

just a poorly drawn example of how epic this cover needs to be.

and yes, Poseidon's hands are much bigger than Zeus's.
what about this?
Quote by MightyAl
There once was a UG'er from Saskatoon
Who asked the Pit to do his homework
So I wrote him a limerick about wanking
That doesn't rhyme
And isn't really about wanking anyway.
yeah but its still epic
you cant disagree
your not going to get anything great done on the computer
there will be good stuff
but nothing really amazing
Quote by MightyAl
There once was a UG'er from Saskatoon
Who asked the Pit to do his homework
So I wrote him a limerick about wanking
That doesn't rhyme
And isn't really about wanking anyway.
well maybe not me, but there are people on UG who i know for a fact can create something amazing with no problem.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
well maybe not me, but there are people on UG who i know for a fact can create something amazing with no problem.

Case in point, the Poseidon/Icarus/Zeus/Seamonster thing you postec
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
if this is mostley happening in the pit. you should have a mudkipz thing photoshopped in

possibly the lol wut pear but i dont know if it will get you banned haha.

if it isnt strictly pit then im not sure what to do...

i might try to throw something together
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

just a poorly drawn example of how epic this cover needs to be.

and yes, Poseidon's hands are much bigger than Zeus's.

it looks like god is jackin' off
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Page 1 of 4