my friend i jam with all the time lately has been making more and more excuses not to jam, and im pretty sure the only reason he ever wants to hang out with me is because I always have weed.

now, i used to put cheech and chong to shame with the amount i smoked, but now its just more of an after work type thing

but all he wants to do is smoke, and not jam

so today, he said he needed a ride to come over and jam, and i found him one, then he said he found his own ride, then an hour after he was supposed to arrive he called and said he's not coming over and i know hes just at the stupid party house smoking like an idiot

everytime were gonna jam, its like that day is a ****in holiday-

dude, its friday!
dude, its saturday!
dude, its the weekend!
dude, its valentines day!
etc etc and of course when i say we should jam, he says 'yea and lets throw down on a sack!"

i love jamming with him, not many people in my area are into old school metal, even fewer can play it, and even fewer can keep up with me (not saying im a virtuoso or anything, i just been playing awhile and like playing FAST)

so should i just look for new people to jam with, or keep letting him piss me off?
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Sounds lame. I'm having trouble finding people to jam with. They either can't keep time AT ALL, or they just don't jam.

I can't care if I just play E D G chord progression all afternoon, it sucks so many people don't jam.
Both. Dont smoke weed anymore?
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Sorry man. Yeah, most of the people I jam with are a little bit flaky.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Nothing is more annoying that unreliable bandmates/jam partners. Find someone else.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
smoking being bad or not aside, i just think its lame that someone with so much potential would just get high all the time. i used to, and i dont think i progressed at all as a guitarist when i did, cuz i was always getting high, high, trying to find weed, waiting to buy weed, working and using my money to buy weed

lately ive been thinking of quitting altogether
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quit.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Dude, it happens. My band were like this ALL the time.

The way I solved it, was to book a gig in 2 weeks time. I told them about it, and so they didn't look like complete tools, they were actually bugging ME to practise more.

Since then, we've recorded 3 EPs, 17 left over tracks, gone on 3 mini tours, played about 50 gigs, and are about to go on a country wide tour.

I suggest it
maybe he's pissed that you don't smoke enough anymore and so he's branching out to make up for it. i suggest you start a band with him or something to make your bond a bit stronger. then you'll jam during the week and stuff, and you can still just smoke pot and whatever on the weekends when you jam. you need to hang out with him more than when you just smoke pot, or that'll be the only thing he values you for. but you can't tell him you don't wanna smoke so much pot until you do other stuff a lot, or he'll just stop hanging out with you.
Roll him up and smoke him. See how he likes it.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
atleast you guys actually jam. my jam friends (singer is a girl, other guitar is a guy) make out the whole time while i sit there jamming with myself.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.