http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP215-Evo-2-Bridge-Pickup?sku=309390
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP151-PAF-Pro-Pickup?sku=302040

I was gonna change the pickups in my Ibanez GRG170DX, and looked straight at dimarzios. I knew i wanted the Evo 2 for the bridge right away and was stuck on what to get for the neck. At first I was just going to get the Evolution Neck model but im really diggin what i here from my friends and other people about this paf pro model and i was just wondering how the Evo2 in the bridge and the Paf pro in the neck would sound together.
Honestly, your guitar isn't really good enough to warrant putting better pickups in it. You'd do much better to get a better overall guitar with own-brand pickups in; the guitar as a whole will sound much better. What amp have you got?

Edit: If you're going to get the Blackheart Handsome Devil, then the pickups will make a more appreciable difference, but I would still advise upgrading the whole guitar.
Last edited by blue_strat at Feb 16, 2008,
I'd advise getting a new guitar as well. The quality of the wood in the Ibanez most likely isn't great and therefore the pickups really won't make much of a difference. If you were to put something like EMGs in it that rely less on the wood of the body, it probably would, but I wouldn't advise putting pickups that cost that much in a guitar that costs only $50 more.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well im upgrading the whole guitar. New pickups, tuners, new nut and a more stable tremelo system maybe . and i am getting the Blackheart Handsome Devil actually. How do you think it will sound
With that kind of money in the guitar you can sell it and buy a new one that will sound 10x better, play 10x better and last 10x longer and have all the stuff you already want on it.

Unless you already have a nice guitar and are using it as a project, it's not even worth it to upgrade that guitar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
Well im upgrading the whole guitar. New pickups, tuners, new nut and a more stable tremelo system maybe

None of those would make the same difference in sound as the body and neck of a better guitar. The pickups only improve how the sound of the guitar is detected, and the other upgrades aren't really worth spending on such a cheap guitar.

I don't have any personal experience with the Blackheart, but it is valve, and seems to have good reviews.
Well look, regardless of my guitar i just want to know more about the sound of these pickups. i just need a little insight please.
Yeah, both are good pickups. Though I've heard the Evos really bring out your mistakes, which might be good and might not be good, I've never used the Evo on a decent amp so I really can't say if it's true or not. I personally like the Breed, Air Norton and Tone Zone the best out of DiMarzio pickups though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com