You can hear my 5150 at myspace.com/childrenofthesunmetal song we recorded today with no vocals. some people were wanting sound clips a while ago. there ya go.
Deja vu.....

Sounds just about the same as any other modern metal song.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
Deja vu.....

Sounds just about the same as any other modern metal song.

Yep were playing metal and having fun. Thats all its about to us man. Sorry if that bothers ya.
Sounds ****ing tight imho, it's alot like the first two albums by In Flames, which are easily some of the best hard metal around (imho).

What guitar you using and stuff? Added you to friends btw!
Not bad. I like how 5150s sound recorded but I could never get a tone I liked out of it with mine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm using an Ibanez SZ with an EMG 81 in it. A digitech bad monkey for overdrive which makes it sound tight. I never could get a tone I liked with it either until I started using the bad monkey. Which sounds exactly like it does in that recording. Even when live. But before that it just was missing something. The bad monkey kinda makes it sound like the more expensive high gain amps. Tightens it up and adds a different kinda gain. Not an inflames fan never really got into them but I don't mind being compared to them. lol I'm going to do some vocals to it tomorrow. Trying to find a permanant singer though because I can't sing good and play at the same time. But if you read the bio you'll see the story that were doing. It's a concept type thing. Recorded all that in my bedroom too btw!
nice, im gonna check out a bad monkey now haha
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by paranormal5150
I never could get a tone I liked with it either until I started using the bad monkey.

Maybe its your B-52 cab..........
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Nice tone.
With the Bad Monkey,are you able to keep the Pre gain pretty low (less than 4) and still get a really heavy saturated sound? I love the heaviness of the 6262 when I turn the Pre gain around 6, but it starts losing articulation (less defined) and getting noisier. When I turn the gain down a bit, it is clear as a bell but not nearly as heavy and saturated.

Also,are you happy with the Hush pedal? It has the best price of the noise gates, but I don't hear of many people using it.
Quote by Vanquish
Maybe its your B-52 cab..........

Who cares? At least he likes the tone he gets from his amp now...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
My b-52 cab sounds great... And I love the hush pedal and swear by it. I've used a lot of noise gates over the years and the hush pedal is my favorite because it isn't really a noise gate it's a noise reducer... so it doesn't kill your tone at all like some noise gates will. It takes away the unwanted feedback and leaves the good feedback and eliminates the hum of tube amps. And with the Bad monkey I can keep my gain lower than normal and use the bad monkey gain to get saturated gain. What you heard in that song was pre gain on 6.5 and the bad monkey on about 11 o clock so almost halfway up on the gain... and boosted the lows and highs. Although you can turn your gain down and turn the bad monkey up whichever way you prefer. I like a lot of gain though just not to the point of sounding sloppy. What you heard on that recording is pretty much perfect with me. Without the bad monkey I always feel the need for more gain but when I turn it up on the amp it just starts sounding sloppy and muddy because theres so much gain. But I can do it with the bad monkey and it doesn't do that. And the b-52 cab is a damn good cab for its price. Hell I know people who have 3 thousand dollar rigs and use behringer cabs haha. Check out the specs on that b-52 480 watt stereo cab. You'll be suprised.
Pretty nice

Think i could get that kind of heavy rhythm tone with searing leads with an ibanez rg 2570e, stock pups?

What if i got a bad monkey for my fender solid state amp...

ah idk ive never tried a 5150 but i was thinkin of gettin a 5150 II (or bugera 6262)...
Quote by Aus-10
Pretty nice

Think i could get that kind of heavy rhythm tone with searing leads with an ibanez rg 2570e, stock pups?

What if i got a bad monkey for my fender solid state amp...

ah idk ive never tried a 5150 but i was thinkin of gettin a 5150 II (or bugera 6262)...

Whatever you do, don't use a BM with the Fender (at least for metal).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You could get good tone with your RG, but I'd switch out the stock pickups. The overdrive pedal for your fender solid state will add more gain but probably nothing impressive. I use mine on my solid state practice amp as well to add more gain because it doesn't have enough. But theres no tubes to push of course. You just want to get that 5150 2 or bugera. Mine is a 6505+ to be exact which is the same as a 5150 2. I'd go for one over the bugera because it sounds like they are made cheaper but whatever you can get your hands on will be better than what ya got.
Thanks,you've sold me on the BM and the Hush. I was gonna go with a Maxon OD808 and a Boss NS-2 so maybe I can get the same tone at half the price. Do you run (or have you tried running) either pedal through the FX loop and if so, any tonal differences?
Last edited by stigma15 at Feb 17, 2008,
Yes you have to run the hush pedal through the effects loop. The bad monkey you don't want to do that. Distortion and overdrive pedals go before the preamp... Meaning in front of the amp. If you plug it in your effects loop you'll hear complete crap. So keep the bad monkey in front... Hush pedal in the effects loop. If you don't plug your hush pedal in the effects loop it won't do anything. Unless you were using it to cut down noise from pedals.
Thats not exactly what I said. I said it just didn't go exactly like I liked it. Felt like it was missing something.
If i did swap out the stock Dimarzio/ibz pickups, what should i go with? I talked to a friend of mine/other guitarist i jam with (who is going to begin building custom guitars) and he said i should just get regular dimarzio pickups because of their crisp tone... Would this cost a good bit? Or should i just start out getting the amp itself before making all these mods? Thats what im thinkin...
Get the amp first most def. But yeah you can go with dimarzio which are great pickups. The evo is my favorite. But they are passive. And ever since I went to active pickups I can't seem to go to anything else for metal. I'm kinda stuck on that emg 81 tone. So needless to say the first thing I do when i get a guitar now is put an emg in it. lol But go for the amp first and then it'll sound even better when you get those new dimarzios. The dimarzio deactivator or whatever it's called sounds pretty brutal too.
Sounds very nice, very professional sounding tone if I do say my self.

That recording needs bassage!

Yeah thats actually one of our weaker songs we wrote a while ago last year. So the new songs are much much better and I can't wait to record them. Recording one of them today actually and looking at some vocalist.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Whatever you do, don't use a BM with the Fender (at least for metal).

I'm not sure why you'd use a Fender for metal anyway, unless you were running it clean with a $350 boutique metal distortion box in front of it for novelty. Even then, the speakers won't be the best fit. (assuming you're talking about using a BD, HRD, Twin, or other Fender combo)

P.S. Ooops, I'm rude. Props, Paranormal, for good tone!
well hes probably young and thats all he has and just wanted to know if it was possible. But yeah save your money man if ya want metal.
Quote by paranormal5150
Yeah thats actually one of our weaker songs we wrote a while ago last year. So the new songs are much much better and I can't wait to record them. Recording one of them today actually and looking at some vocalist.

Have you considered being instrumental?
That's a great song!

BTW does the 5150 come in a 40 watt version? Ithought it did but I can't seem to find it.
Sounds good, great pinches around 2:10!
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Nice sound for what you're playing!

I'm not a modern metal guy though.

My friend just bought a XXX and he likes it. It's too modern for me though.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
sounds nice i like the guitar-sound

but the drums sound a bit crazy^^ get a double-bass :P

cheers
Gear:

-Epiphone SG G400

-Roland Micro Cube
Bit too fuzzy for my taste. I always found the 5150 sounds better if you keep the gain around 5-5.5 and just use a strong pick-attack (or if you've somehow got it loud enough to drive the power amp then adjust the pre-gain to taste.)
yeah its really fuzzy like a multi fx pedal-i have a 5150 and a zoom g9 pedal and i can get better sounds out of the zoom than that IMO. are you micing this up? if you use an sm57 and give it some air that should help things. Rose of Sharyn is what you are aiming for!
Quote by Steel8909
That's a great song!

BTW does the 5150 come in a 40 watt version? Ithought it did but I can't seem to find it.

No, the combo is 60 watts, the head is 120. That's it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
dude, nice tone!

one of these days i'll get a 5150...
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Thanks for the nice comment. Thats a double bass pedal by the way we don't have two bass drums. And no we are no considering being instrumental. I know personally I probably wouldn't buy anything instrumental and we are a concept band. No way to sing our story with no vocals right? lol
Quote by paranormal5150
Thanks for the nice comment. Thats a double bass pedal by the way we don't have two bass drums. And no we are no considering being instrumental. I know personally I probably wouldn't buy anything instrumental and we are a concept band. No way to sing our story with no vocals right? lol

Fair play at least you have a good reason behind it - just don't ruin a good sound with crap vocals.
oh trust me... were really picky on who we having singing. Thats why we don't have a singer yet. We could easily have one but the vocals make or break a band.