Okay, I made a progression that I rather like, but what the hell are the chords...the only one I can recognize is E ...help!

E|-0-0-0-0-0-|
B|-0-3-0-0-0-|
G|-0-0-0-0-0-|
D|-2-2-2-4-5-|
A|-2-2-3-5-7-|
E|-0-0-0-0-0-|
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
first is Em, Em7, Em6, Em6add9, Em.
How did u come up with that progression without an understanding of theory?
Quote by s-g man
first is Em, Em7, Em6, Em6add9, Em.
How did u come up with that progression without an understanding of theory?

I know some chords and I just add a note I know will make it sound either dissonant (in a good way) or sound "in-tune" and go along until I get a progression I like...I know, juvenile

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Okay, well thanks because I have a report in Guitar due on Tuesday and I am supposed to make my own progression and build off of it...but I have to know the theory behind the progression ( my slacking side...)

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I know some chords and I just add a note I know will make it sound either dissonant (in a good way) or sound "in-tune" and go along until I get a progression I like...I know, juvenile

Same here. Whatever sounds good and in the way of the song I want to me is how I do things. I want to learn for real though.
m6 chords have a natural 6th, s-gman.

your third chord is a C∆/E, the fourth is a Em9. Otherwise, your names are fine.