Page 1 of 2
Quote by TechnicolorType
this video makes me feel great since I've been playing for 5.

You trying to say I suck?
Quote by giantsfanftw
You trying to say I suck?

I don't think he was, I think he meant something along the lines of I could possibly improve that much in 2 months.

Anyways, it's pretty good for 7 months, I coudln't alternate pick for about a year
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I never used my pinky 7 months in. It's impossible to say judge one's progress though from hearing them play a riff. Everyone progresses differently, as long as you feel you are making steady progress that you are content with, then yes you are doing excellent.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by MESAexplorer
I don't think he was, I think he meant something along the lines of I could possibly improve that much in 2 months.

Anyways, it's pretty good for 7 months, I coudln't alternate pick for about a year

same here, there was about a year where i realy really sucked balls, then there was like a 4 month period where i learend all that stuff and got so much better. I havent improved all that much in the past 8 months tho (and im practicing more than ever)

that was amazing for 7 months
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
You're doing pretty good.

You need to work on switching between the notes more cleanly.

I know people who have been playing much longer and are nowhere near as good as you.

Keep up the hard work, it'll pay off in the end! (if it isn't already!)
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Techtonic
Pretty bad for 7 months.... but people have different ways of progressing so I don't know.

um what the **** are you talking about. Ive seen very few people able to play that well after 7 months.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Techtonic
Pretty bad for 7 months.... but people have different ways of progressing so I don't know.

do u have to be negative?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
your fine. At 7 months, I was playing Smells like teen spirit, adn learning minor pentatonic scales.
I still dont alterate pick.......much more accomplished guitarists have seem me play really fast and accurate, and wonder why in the hell I use all down strokes......I really dont know why......I am way more accurate with all down stokes.....I guess my technique sucks.....but I can still play well and fast, so I guess it works ok for me.

I can alternate pick scales fine......fast and accurate, but scales are about it.....when I solo naturally, its all down strokes, and hammers.
Quote by Techtonic

You gotta posts vids man, I hear you're amazing

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Pretty good for 7 months, you used ur pinky which most people dont use at that stage :|
But i think u need to cut down on some of the feedback form the amp
SHE walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
Quote by Techtonic

You're right, you DON'T know.

That was great for 7 months. I've been playing for nearly 2 years and was never at that level at 7 months, and I'm still not very good, but I like what I play and play what I like!
Quote by Techtonic

What was so bad about it?
Quote by Techtonic
The bad movement of your fingering and you kind look like you are forcing yourself to be a bit faster than your fingers.

so of the people that I saw that started of under 7 months most of them try to be steady on there playing more than speed.

What? I'm confused...

And you can't expect someone to be like steve vai just after 7 months. It takes practice, and practice takes time.
Quote by Techtonic
Gotta GTFO , I hear you acting like a tool

and YOURE one to talk
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Techtonic
Gotta GTFO , I hear you acting like a tool

Sweet, I love tool. Thanks for the compliment.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
that pretty good
i think i was at that same point when i was playing for 7 months(playing for 11 1/2 months now)
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by Techtonic
TS the reason why I say that it was bad for 7 months is BECAUSE THERE IS NOT LIMIT TO YOUR PLAYING ABILITIES! dude you can be a good guitarist if you wanted too but you have to first force yourself to be at the next level all the time.I wasn't saying it in a negative context I was trying to saying "there is no limit towards your abilities on the guitar, it is like you have a manson but you have to find the keys to it"

what the hell are you talking about. You said "that is bad for 7 months" not "that is bad compared to all of the guitarists out there" let me repeat this. What you said was "compared to other people who have been playing 7 months, that was bad playing" which is not true at all. It seems like you are just trying to weasel your way out of an apology.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
i play better tan that... and ive been UG thought for 4 weeks...
Quote by Techtonic
You being a weasel by not minding your own business what do you want someone to talk to you so bad? do you want me to rub your head or something because your a good boy? or many you want to join the conversation so bad?which is it?

Are you High or something. start making sense.

THREAD STARTER, dont listen to this guy. Hes under the influence of something
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
the only way you know you'll be playing more guitar in the future is if you play 7 months in w/o quitting

pretty good though
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by Techtonic
You being a weasel by not minding your own business what do you want someone to talk to you ? do you want me to rub your head or something because your a good boy? and why do you want to join the conversation so bad?which is it?

um this is a message board, not a high school clique conversation, besides i posted here before you, when you post it online its everyones business.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
You're good man. I was just as good as you at that point. Just practice practice practice!
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
I left a comment on your video. I'm ConorSucksHarder.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by nudge
Pretty good for 7 months, you used ur pinky which most people dont use at that stage :|
But i think u need to cut down on some of the feedback form the amp

I was playing with my pinky from the day I started but all I played really for months was technique-building exercises.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by Techtonic
TS the reason why I say that it was bad for 7 months is BECAUSE THERE IS NOT LIMIT TO YOUR PLAYING ABILITIES! dude you can be a good guitarist if you wanted too but you have to first force yourself to be at the next level all the time.I wasn't saying it in a negative context I was trying to saying "there is no limit towards your abilities on the guitar, it is like you have a manson but you have to find the keys to it"

I'm confused, so was it good or not? And what do you mean "force yourself to be at the next level"? I don't get anything you just said.
Quote by giantsfanftw
I'm confused, so was it good or not? And what do you mean "force yourself to be at the next level"? I don't get anything you just said.

neither do i. Thats why i assumed he was high on something. maninaclownsuit, thats really good that you have been playing with your pinky for that long. I didnt really start until last year. Playing Friedman licks has really helped strengthen it tho.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
What I meant really was that I kinda wish now that I had put time into playing songs rather than just scales and stuff. But I guess it'll help me out in the end. I have a friend who's pretty good for how long he's been playing and he still stretches his third finger rather than use his pinky :P
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by Techtonic
OMG will you ever stop

You need to stop talking.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by richgray5
your fine. At 7 months, I was playing Smells like teen spirit, adn learning minor pentatonic scales.
I still dont alterate pick.......much more accomplished guitarists have seem me play really fast and accurate, and wonder why in the hell I use all down strokes......I really dont know why......I am way more accurate with all down stokes.....I guess my technique sucks.....but I can still play well and fast, so I guess it works ok for me.

I can alternate pick scales fine......fast and accurate, but scales are about it.....when I solo naturally, its all down strokes, and hammers.

Same here.....I down pick every thing besides scales and most stuff higher on the neck but I can go pretty fast down picking....I suck for playing two years though....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Blash
Techtonic = troll, ignore him.

TS, you're very good for 7 months. I could barely play the intro to Highway to Hell at your level, you sound like you're progressing at a pretty decent pace.

Good job

Thanks a lot bro. I put a lot of time into that first riff. I can almost play it at full speed. The second I just learned today. I'm hoping by 1-2 weeks I can play the whole song.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
What I meant really was that I kinda wish now that I had put time into playing songs rather than just scales and stuff. But I guess it'll help me out in the end. I have a friend who's pretty good for how long he's been playing and he still stretches his third finger rather than use his pinky :P

I'm learning almost entirely different scales because my favorite music is way out of my class to play i mean here is the easiest song by my favorite band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAjKtmT3lk
jump to 2:24
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I really wish I would have been serious about guitar when I started playing. But I listened to crappy music, so I was like "Alright! I am can play power chords! I am awesome." I started when I was like 10 or 11 but only have maybe 2 years max of being serious.

You are doing good.
You need to turn down your gain a bit on your amp, the notes are too shrill for my ears (and possibly many others)

It wasn't too bad, you managed to hit the notes but I could hear the other strings ringing out because you didn't dampen them (could be the gain or your playing, but most likely your playing because that riff wasn't too hard).

You're progressing moderately for the time you've been playing, if you want to progress even faster, try playing some of the licks by Children Of Bodom, you may not like their music but you have to admit that their guitarist is good.

Keep it up.
That's very good for 7 months Nice job, just keep on practising and practising and you'll improve and become better and better
''Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.''

My Equipment =

Fender 2008 American Standard Stratocaster
Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
Quote by XianXiuHong
You need to turn down your gain a bit on your amp, the notes are too shrill for my ears (and possibly many others)

It wasn't too bad, you managed to hit the notes but I could hear the other strings ringing out because you didn't dampen them (could be the gain or your playing, but most likely your playing because that riff wasn't too hard).

You're progressing moderately for the time you've been playing, if you want to progress even faster, try playing some of the licks by Children Of Bodom, you may not like their music but you have to admit that their guitarist is good.

Keep it up.

I dunno if it's my playing or the line 6 spider III to blame. Maybe both. I'm saving for another amp and guitar right now. It was good when I first got it but I'm slowly starting to hate it. It's not what I'm looking for.

I have a problem with the string still ringing. I dunno how to stop it from doing that.

I was going to look into children of bodom anyway. I hear they're a great band. Thanks for the advice.
Children of Bodom -- Rule and dude you did good keep it up -- we dont need people destroying others confidence :P Keep on going
My Guitars --
Ibanez - Rg350
B.C Rich - Warlock
Wartribe (KKV) Special
Washburn - Oscar Schmidt Solid Body(Electric)Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
Page 1 of 2