okay so I know that you pickup radio stations b/c of crappy wiring, shielding, and bad cables. but i just realized that my guitar only plays radio stations when the volume knob on my guitar is just above 0 and just below 10 (im pretending there is a number value assigned to the knob).

Can anyone explain why this is?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
well probably because when when you cut off the volume from your guitar there no volume going throught hte amp?
i have no idea just an thought
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
alright well that explains the bottom end of the volume knob. i realized you can't hear the guitar or radio until the knob has been turned a tiny bit.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
when its at ten maybe it's because the guitar output is too high and overpowering the other signals
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
its not a gradual thing. it just suddenly cuts out right before the guitar has been turned all the way up.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
You mean at 10 there's no sound?
That's probably because your volume knob is screwed up.
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
no, at ten the radio goes away and its only the guitar.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
I'm no expert, but to me it sounds like a problem with your guitar. I had radio coming through my amp when my vloume knob was on zero only. I fixed it by putting tinfoil under my pedals and facing my pedals in a new direction. For some reason that worked.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
I'm having a similar problem. When the volume on the guitar is between 1 and 9, theres buzzing. So maybe they're related...
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I'd hazzard a guess the pot being faulty or cheap. When it's are zero, with no output, no radio. When it's at 10, the pot is pratically bypassed, as far as the signal is concerned, so no radio. Anywhere is between, the pot is part of the signal chain, an picking up nasty radio whatsits. My guess.
good observation. I may consider switching in a new pot since they are only a couple of bucks.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Replace them all while your at it. Plus a decent 1/4 inpuyt jack. Its amazing what crappy components come in some guitars.
yeah I actually might redo all of the wiring. its a shame how I paid over a grand for this sweet guitar and then when i took off the back cover it was a mess.

lol when I googled "guitar pot" i came across this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Hero-III-3-Legends-of-Rock-Wii-NEW-WITH-RECEIPT_W0QQitemZ200181539427QQihZ010QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
It's because that's the weak points of all but the highest quality pots. At the end and beginning of the pot's range, the resistance is different, which affects the shielding, which causes frequency interference.

Of course, because your pots are lower quality the frequency interference is probably worse.
okay so i just plugged in again and I am pissed. Now its doing the opposite. radio is louder at the ends and quieter in the middle
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12