Rant: My Behringer is the pits, pure and simple.

Question: is Hartke a good company?
I played a used Hartke Ha2000 through a 300W Hartke 115 and it made a cheap Sruier sound like a million bucks! But of course I thought my Behringer sounded like a million bucks too. The amp was priced at $170 USD and the cab w/ tweeter was priced at $250 USD. What do you guys think? Yay/Nay?
I like Hartke's cabinets with aluminium cones, the other stuff is good but in my opinion, there is better.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by smb
Fascinating fact of the day: Hartke and Behringer are part of the same company.

Source? Or I call BS.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by smb
Fascinating fact of the day: Hartke and Behringer are part of the same company.

No they aren't if you're thinking of Samson Technologies.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I've played a few hartke's before not sure of the exact specs, but they gave a pretty good tone. They are much better than behringers, thats a fact (but hey it isn't very hard).

I don't think it had aluminum cones though... if it did i would have hated it. I really dislike aluminum cones, they make the amp sound so impersonal and fake. I don't like them.
Nah, stay clear.
And Goto GG&A.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Nutter_101
No they aren't if you're thinking of Samson Technologies.

Apologies - I was indeed wrong. Hey...it happens.
^Why should he stay clear and why would he go to guitar gear and accessories?

You know I want to recommend Carvin, but if you must go Hartke, they're okay. Everything about them seem very... compressed when I played them, but they're not bad sounding by any means.
Quote by smb
Apologies - I was indeed wrong. Hey...it happens.

Ah don't worry mate. We all make mistakes. I still love you
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

You know I want to recommend Carvin, but if you must go Hartke, they're okay. Everything about them seem very... compressed when I played them, but they're not bad sounding by any means.

The only Carvin I have seen was very beat. I didn't try it, because I was afraid it was going to fail on me while I was playing it. I plan to buy locally so buying from musiciansfriend or guitarcenter isn't gonna happen.
Well, you can't have your cake and eat it, too. If you want American made amplifiers (that not even Ampeg produces, as they've sourced to 'Nam) for literally half the price of ANY of the competition, you can't have the luxury of trying them out. They save the money precisely by taking away that luxury. You save money by having faith.

And about Hartke, they're an aquired taste, but FWIW, those new cabs look cool, and Jaco (in his darkest years) loved Harke's all-aluminum speakers.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

I thought the heads sounded a little too compressed for my liking too.

For a very nice Hartke sound, go listen to the God that is Stuart Hamm.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I think somebody else said it, but their cabinets are fantastic. I've got two XL series aluminum cone cabinets and not only can they get bowl-movingly low and ear-splittingly loud, but they're light as feathers (as far as cabs go). Pretty good price too, I think I got the 210' for like $250 and the 115' for like $450.

Hartke's bass heads I'm not to crazy about. They just seem to tinny to me.
FOR IRE
Quote by Tabula_Rasa
I think somebody else said it, but their cabinets are fantastic. I've got two XL series aluminum cone cabinets and not only can they get bowl-movingly low and ear-splittingly loud, but they're light as feathers (as far as cabs go). Pretty good price too, I think I got the 210' for like $250 and the 115' for like $450.

Hartke's bass heads I'm not to crazy about. They just seem to tinny to me.

Pretty sure this one was solid-state (twas tiny) but it had a "tube" pre-amp knob. When I turn it up, the sound was very fat and warm. Right next to the "tube" knob was the "solid state" knob, and when I turn that up, the sound became bright. I played the VX 115 cab w/ the paper cone. I think I'm going to get a paper cone only because of my experience with the Behringer aluminum cone. I wont be buying until spring break (mid march) so most likely, the Hartke will be gone as well as the other amps and cabs