I have a MXR SmartGate and to cut a long story short im not happy with it, it doesnt 'gate' the 'noise' as well as id like and its not very smart at all. I dont know if i got unlucky and have a crap/faulty one or what, but either way id like a new one.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a better one, the price doesnt bother me. I play a lot of thrash metal if that matters at all. I need something that really cuts out the background fuzz when im not actually playing anything on the guitar.

Thanks.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
how bout the Boss NS-2 i think its called-just the boss version of the noise supressor
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Yeah, get the ISP Decimator.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Do both of you actually own the ISP or are simply spreading what youve heard other people say? Cause Im about to buy one as well if its really as good as everyone claims...
Quote by Andrew07
Do both of you actually own the ISP or are simply spreading what youve heard other people say? Cause Im about to buy one as well if its really as good as everyone claims...

Geoff (guitarcrazy1991) has one, and speaks highly of it.

I've read that it's pretty much better than any other noise gate, on more than one occasion.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
ISP. It's the best on the market- you may want to wait for their new pedal the G-string which I don't know too much about, but it's supposed to be better than the decimator.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia