Poll: Would you vote for Wolvy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you vote for Wolvy?
Yes
43 27%
I would vote for Mccain
9 6%
I would vote for Obama
75 47%
I would vote for anyone to beat Mccain
7 4%
I would vote for anyone to beat Obama
8 5%
Undecided
18 11%
Voters: 160.
Page 1 of 3
I'm bored. This is assuming I am running against the Mccain and Obama (simply because he is ahead of Hitlery).
So we have a three way race:

(L) Wolvy
(R) Mccain
(D) Obama

My platform:

Freedom of speech: Allow any speech that does not wrongly slander other persons (otherwise, its slander), or other wise endangers peoples lives.
Censorship would be gone, if TV broadcasters feel a program would be better with more violence, profanity, and sex, so be it. Change the channel.
Same goes for music.
Movies.
Video games.
Anyone who doesn't like it, change the channel, get over it. Censorship ftl.

Gun control - NICS checks to remain on firearms, to include people with violent felons and insane persons. No bans on firearms, there is no justification (other than ignorance and emotion) to ban an object that is misused 0.000003% of the time.
Stricter punishments for people who commit crimes with any weapon.

Privacy - Absolutely no spying on Americans, or arresting Americans for any reason without a warrant.

Abortion - Illegal except in case of rape and a clear and present danger to the mothers life. Not a "well every pregnancy has its dangers" bull****.

Discrimination - Not the governments problem to fix, the state has been attempting to stop racism for the last 40 some years, and it has largely failed.
No regulations on whether or not a private business can bar a person from entering the business on the basis of race/sax/age/sexual orientation/ creed/whatever. If someone wants to throw their business down the drain its their freedom to do so. The government backs its discrimination by the barrel of a gun, and business cannot.

Capital punishment - To remain for the most extreme of cases with the most absolute evidence that anyone can ask for.

Gay Marriage - The definition of marriage would either be changed to include all consenting adults (straight/gay/polygamist/etc), or simply be removed completely and replaced with "civil union" to avoid separation of church and state violations. Its not the states business to decide which adults can and can't marry. That is simply sex discrimination.
Church's would be allowed to bar people from being married for whatever reason they please (private property > individual rights).

Separation of church and state: The state is not to condone nor condemn religious expression. It is not to protect the arbitrary "sacredness" of marriage, nor have "in God we trust on money". Both are "respecting an establishment of religion".

The state is to allow free religious practices, its simply cannot condemn nor endorse.

Immigration: You aren't going to deport millions of people.
You aren't going to be able to effectively patrol over a thousand miles of border without full militarization.
Deport those who are committed violent crimes, allow those who came here to make a living to stay.
No welfare benefits though, and they must know a fair amount English before becoming citizens as well.

Iraq: I would tell the "Iraqi government you have x number of days/weeks/months to get your act together, and then we leave. Oh, we will keep some troops by the oil wells."

Global warming: Doesn't exist in the "OMG WE R GOIN TO DIE" context that the fear mongering would like to believe.
So I won't invest millions and billions of dollars into fear mongering.

National debt: Cut spending overall.

Health: Take care of yourself, you will live a longer healthier life. its not the tax payers responsibility to pay for (Burger King induced) medical bills.

Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco: Lower the purchasing age to 18. Allow parents to decide if their under-age kids are allowed to use any of the three.
Ban smoking bans.

Education: Enact a school voucher program, the school voucher would be good for $x and for use in public, private, home and charter schools.
When schools compete, they will provide better service for the $$$ provided by the voucher.

Animal rights - Animals will be protected from senseless violence and torture.
Hunting/fishing to remain.
Animal testing to remain. I dare anyone who opposes this to volunteer to be tested on at your nearest medical lab.

Electoral College - Keep it.

Taxes - All taxes abolished, except for a flat sales tax. Everyone pays the same.
No income tax. Property tax. No death tax. No marriage tax. No luxury tax. Strictly sales tax.

Entitlement programs - To be all but completely abolished. Only a "safety net" would remain, a very limited program to get people on their feet and off the system. Not a way of life like a great number of welfare receipts.
No social security. Save for your own retirement.
No welfare for business/corporations.

Other - English will be the official tongue, all governmental documents will be English.
Basically, if what you do harms other, its illegal. If what you do does not effect other, its legal.
I'd probably vote for you, but you should invest a bit in fixing global warming because Americans are getting blamed for most of it

And I'm with you about getting rid of the censors
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by The Spoon
Black guy ftw.

They both fail. Where are all the real candidates? We need the Terminator!
No because you're some kid on a guitar forum who would have no idea how to actually be president
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Some of what you put out there I find agreeable, but I say you would be about as useless as those that are currently running.

I'm not a voter anyways. The American government is ****e and so is America.
No because you seem to be an idiot with unrealistic teenage policies.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

hell yeah you sound like a good keeper of peace
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
No because the vast majority of your policies are idiotic in the extreme.

Freedom of speech: Allow any speech that does not wrongly slander other persons (otherwise, its slander), or other wise endangers peoples lives.

So incitement to hatred is ok then?
Censorship would be gone, if TV broadcasters feel a program would be better with more violence, profanity, and sex, so be it. Change the channel.
Same goes for music.
Movies.
Video games.
Anyone who doesn't like it, change the channel, get over it. Censorship ftl.

Will there be a categorizing system and warnings?

Privacy - Absolutely no spying on Americans, or arresting Americans for any reason without a warrant.

Only on Americans?
Abortion - Illegal except in case of rape and a clear and present danger to the mothers life. Not a "well every pregnancy has its dangers" bull****.

I disagree. But that's another debate.
Discrimination - Not the governments problem to fix, the state has been attempting to stop racism for the last 40 some years, and it has largely failed.
No regulations on whether or not a private business can bar a person from entering the business on the basis of race/sax/age/sexual orientation/ creed/whatever. If someone wants to throw their business down the drain its their freedom to do so. The government backs its discrimination by the barrel of a gun, and business cannot.

Fine. Provided the same does not extend to employment laws as it conflicts with basic human rights as set down by the UN convention of Human rights.
Capital punishment - To remain for the most extreme of cases with the most absolute evidence that anyone can ask for.

I disagree. Banned in all cases. There is no justification for it.
Gay Marriage - The definition of marriage would either be changed to include all consenting adults (straight/gay/polygamist/etc), or simply be removed completely and replaced with "civil union" to avoid separation of church and state violations. Its not the states business to decide which adults can and can't marry. That is simply sex discrimination.
Church's would be allowed to bar people from being married for whatever reason they please (private property > individual rights).

I feel those last few words there are incredibly stupid but whatever gays can get married.

Iraq: I would tell the "Iraqi government you have x number of days/weeks/months to get your act together, and then we leave. Oh, we will keep some troops by the oil wells."

ya, we're stealing your oil, sucks for you.
Global warming: Doesn't exist in the "OMG WE R GOIN TO DIE" context that the fear mongering would like to believe.
So I won't invest millions and billions of dollars into fear mongering.

Enjoy having all of your major cities flooded. Ass

Health: Take care of yourself, you will live a longer healthier life. its not the tax payers responsibility to pay for (Burger King induced) medical bills.

And it suck for you if you're poor and happen to be unhealthy.
Maybe you could go steal to pay for your bills?
Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco: Lower the purchasing age to 18. Allow parents to decide if their under-age kids are allowed to use any of the three.

WE have that here, except for the drugs part.
Ban smoking bans.

Enjoy the massive lawsuits in a few years
Education: Enact a school voucher program, the school voucher would be good for $x and for use in public, private, home and charter schools.
When schools compete, they will provide better service for the $$$ provided by the voucher.

If you can't afford it then tough ****.
Because poverty isn't caused by poor education and charging for education won't keep people in a poverty trap at all
Animal rights - Animals will be protected from senseless violence and torture.
Hunting/fishing to remain.

Quotas?
Animal testing to remain. I dare anyone who opposes this to volunteer to be tested on at your nearest medical lab.

Fair enough

Taxes - All taxes abolished, except for a flat sales tax. Everyone pays the same.
No income tax. Property tax. No death tax. No marriage tax. No luxury tax. Strictly sales tax.

Favors the wealthy massively and has a huge adverse effect on the poor who spend a higher percentage of their income.
Entitlement programs - To be all but completely abolished. Only a "safety net" would remain, a very limited program to get people on their feet and off the system. Not a way of life like a great number of welfare receipts.

A great number is inaccurate.
No social security. Save for your own retirement.

Tell that to 20 year olds. What happens when people don't and you're faced with a crises in 40 years time?
No welfare for business/corporations.

While admirable you'll never get elected.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Feb 16, 2008,
Yeah about half of your ideas are pretty terrible.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
your policies on
abortion
immigration
health
the electoral college
and taxes

would have you laughed out of western society forevermore.
Quote by Guitarist132
No because you're some kid on a guitar forum who would have no idea how to actually be president

I'm registered to vote.
Quote by -Wolverine-
I'm registered to vote.

your vote means very little when the electoral colleges have the final say.

But you like it that way it seems.
I'm registered to vote.

That doesn't mean you know how to run a country. Do you have any idea how hard it is? It's wayyyy more difficult than just saying "rah rah change this policy to this, that policy to that." You'd be impeached in three seconds.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you're against the existence of global warming (to the extent I disagree)
My vote goes for Green peace
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
I like how you use Hitlery. I usually use Billary myself.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Ace88
That doesn't mean you know how to run a country. Do you have any idea how hard it is? It's wayyyy more difficult than just saying "rah rah change this policy to this, that policy to that." You'd be impeached in three seconds.

Sure, but its asinine to say "I have never run a country, so I can't talk about what i would do if I did".

Quote by freedoms_stain
your vote means very little when the electoral colleges have the final say.

But you like it that way it seems.

Of course, it prevents the ignorant, emotional, mob rule from deciding democratically who is president. Democracy is simply 50.1% of the people violating the rights of the other 49.9%.
Your heart is in the right place, sadly your arguments aren't really mature. Thinking harsher punishments will reduce crime is somewhat naive...
I agree with you on all subjects besides abortion.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
The Federal Government does not have the power to regulate Education, only the State Government.
12 fret fury
Quote by the_astronaut
No because you seem to be an idiot with unrealistic teenage policies.

Unfortunatley I have to agree.

In a perfect world would your policies work? maybe.
In todays world will they work? HELL NO.

have a nice day
Quote by julio1987
Your heart is in the right place, sadly your arguments aren't really mature. Thinking harsher punishments will reduce crime is somewhat naive...

Not entirely. While I doubt it will eliminate crime, if someone goes to prison for a year instead of six months, for say, robbery, they may be less out to commit a crime.
But, crime will always exist.

Harsher punishments punish those who commit crimes, instead of violating the rights of the law abiding.
Quote by -Wolverine-
Of course, it prevents the ignorant, emotional, mob rule from deciding democratically who is president. Democracy is simply 50.1% of the people violating the rights of the other 49.9%.

That may have been true when the system was created.

But today there are proper election campaigns where people are informed of the policies each individual candidate and can make an intelligent decision based on these.

Who says the members of the electoral college are better at deciding these things?

It basically tells the American people "you're opinion doesn't matter" which is why no one bothers to vote.
i'm voting for this guy
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by -Wolverine-
Not entirely. While I doubt it will eliminate crime, if someone goes to prison for a year instead of six months, for say, robbery, they may be less out to commit a crime.

Harsher punishments punish those who commit crimes, instead of violating the rights of the law abiding.

How are you going to pay for this?

Exactly.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by freedoms_stain
That may have been true when the system was created.

But today there are proper election campaigns where people are informed of the policies each individual candidate and can make an intelligent decision based on these.

Who says the members of the electoral college are better at deciding these things?

It basically tells the American people "you're opinion doesn't matter" which is why no one bothers to vote.

Heh. Yeah, and all the debates I have had on UG and else where really show how informed the people are. lol

"We needz 2 ban assault weaponz!!1"
"Whats an assault weapon?"
"A machine gunz!11"
"*dismisses opponent*"
BTW, if you abolish all taxes except sales tax, how do you possibly expect to get enough cash to run the country unless you up sales tax to a point where you were getting the same income as the previous tax system

You'd essentially be punishing the poor who may not have paid much tax in the old system but now face enormous taxes because they still need to buy things.
If I remember correctly, the national/state sales tax would need to be 23%.

Quote by the_astronaut
How are you going to pay for this?

Exactly.

So what are you saying? Punishments should remain as they are?
Quote by -Wolverine-

There is no evidence to suggest that that is true.
Criminals do not think they'll get caught. If they did that wouldn't do it regardless of whether or not the sentence was 3 years or 6 years.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by freedoms_stain
BTW, if you abolish all taxes except sales tax, how do you possibly expect to get enough cash to run the country unless you up sales tax to a point where you were getting the same income as the previous tax system

You'd essentially be punishing the poor who may not have paid much tax in the old system but now face enormous taxes because they still need to buy things.

Exactly. Especially as poorer people spend more of their income.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by -Wolverine-
Heh. Yeah, and all the debates I have had on UG and else where really show how informed the people are. lol

"We needz 2 ban assault weaponz!!1"
"Whats an assault weapon?"
"A machine gunz!11"
"*dismisses opponent*"

why should anyone know exactly whwat an assault weapon is if they've never been around guns?

All a person in that situation understands is that an assault weapon is designed to kill alot of people quickly, and they have to ask themselves, why would anyone need an assault weapon unless they were taking part in assault?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
There is no evidence to suggest that that is true.
Criminals do not think they'll get caught. If they did that wouldn't do it regardless of whether or not the sentence was 3 years or 6 years.

True. But there is no sense making punishments (for violent crime most of all) light.
Quote by -Wolverine-
True. But there is no sense making punishments (for violent crime most of all) light.

True but the focus should not be on punishment but rather on rehabilitation.
There is little point in punishing violent criminals and then allowing them back out to do it again because you haven't tackled the problem.
Judges should be well capable of deciding on sentences, that is what we have a judicial system for. It is not the place of politicians
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
if u put ron paul up there ud be killed haha
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Page 1 of 3