i've been jamming along with skynyrd ang gn'r stuff, since they are 1/2 step flat like me. i was wondering if anyone knows anybody else that tunes 1/2 step flat, so i dont have to change to standard (my band plays 1/2 step down so i dont wanna bother re-tuning all the time) i know gn'r skynyrd VR and hendrix does, so who else?
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
umm a lot of 80s metal bands use 1/2 step, namely Van Halen, Poison, Skidrow (going off the top of my head), also Stevie Ray Vaughan uses half step most of the time when he tears up songs like Texas Flood and Pride and Joy
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
thanks for the suggestions everybody, except for the guy that said taking back sunday, hopefully he's joking but if he isn't wow
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
If you play Metallica in Eb it sounds better in my opinion.
ESP LTD MH-50
Martinez MPC-1C-NGL
Laney LV300H
i know plain white tees do
But i'm barely holding on. Where did i go wrong? Choking on the difference between me and the world.i am a poet. happy people dont write.
Pearl Jam use Eb i think... Try some Alice In Chains like that guy said, and a few Black Sabbath songs are as well - though I'm not sure. Hope I was some help.,
Quote by jhjps
thanks for the suggestions everybody, except for the guy that said taking back sunday, hopefully he's joking but if he isn't wow

Rofl, I'm just saying, they use Eb tuning.
Quote by ginger_morton

If you play anything in Eb, it sounds much better.

Thin Lizzy (Jailbreak album)
Joe Satriani used Eb on a couple of songs (The Extremist, War).
Yngwie Malmsteen solely uses Eb.
Live, Bon Jovi and Black Sabbath (some songs) use Eb.

In fact, alot of the stuff in Eb can be found on YouTube
Quote by Guitar Monkey
If you play anything in Eb, it sounds much better.
Pretty much.

TS, if you're into them, Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Claptons stuff all sound particularly cool if you lower the tuning.
no one has mentioned hendrix? red house, voodoo child, and little wing are all in Eb but there are more.

aerosmith has a couple songs (last child and rats in the cellar)

highway to hell and night prowler from ACDC are both in Eb
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Ratt, Poison, Ozzy, and tons more, especially from the '80s. I never really looked at tuning as a big deal. However, I keep one guitar tuned down and the other at standard.
Quote by psychokiller99
no one has mentioned hendrix? red house, voodoo child, and little wing are all in Eb but there are more.

aerosmith has a couple songs (last child and rats in the cellar)

highway to hell and night prowler from ACDC are both in Eb

highway to hell and night prowler are in Ab not Eb. Infact, Highway to hell is a 1/4 step down. This is probably unintentional, either by slowed down recording or just out of tune guitars.
Quote by ginger_morton

+ gigantic ass 1

Most of later Met. Load, ReLoad, S&M.
Quote by ibanez87
highway to hell and night prowler are in Ab not Eb. Infact, Highway to hell is a 1/4 step down. This is probably unintentional, either by slowed down recording or just out of tune guitars.

by Eb i mean the tuning, not the actual key. both songs are in Eb, but highway to hell is a 1/4 sharp or flat i believe so it'll sound a bit out of tune trying to play along with it. night prowler is played in the key of A if you tune your guitar down one half step
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's