Hi Everyone,
I just read the Amp Q&A and got some decent beginner info but am not much of an amp hardware guru. I know a lot of the time you can get a sound from your effects obviously but am in the market to get a larger amp. Now when I go shopping I'll plug in to quite a few and have some ideas of what I want to get but wanted to see if someone out there might have some good advice. The sound I enjoy is a Morello/Jack White/Grohl Mix. I'm thinking of staying with Fender and going with a Twin Reverb or maybe a Hot Rod Deville. I enjoy the 4-10" compared to 2-12" sound. Anyways, any advice would be great. Thanks.

Lank
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
get a marshall MG
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
Quote by cedaguol
i hope youre joking...

Dear god he better be.....

Or else his flame shield must be really strong.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Dear god he better be.....

Or else his flame shield must be really strong.

yeah ...
be careful with what you say man... the MG haters are everywhere and theyll come and haunt u and rape u and kill u and whatever xDDDD

bad joke i know...
Quote by cedaguol
i hope youre joking...

trust me I am
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
Well Morello uses a JCM800, Grohl uses a Mesa i believe. And i don't know what Jack White uses.

Whats your budget?
My Budget is 1k-1.5k. I've read Jack uses a Twin Reverb. I've read that Morello uses the marshall head with a Peavey Cabinet. I wasn't sure what Dave used. But yes, around 1-1.5k. It should get me something good but not total top of the line.

Lank
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
Jack white uses fenders. Tom Morello uses Marshall JCM 800s. And Dave Grohl uses Mesas. Thats what kirk hammets new amp is based around if you wanted something like that. I would suggest the traynor custom 100. It gets a great like early 60s style crunch. A souped up Marshall sound and a nice heavy sound. That should get you pretty close.

If you don't want to spend all that, then the Hot rod deville with a nice OD will do the trick.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah