Page 1 of 2
Would one of these be a good guitar for a guitarist who plays everything from rock to metal?

Dillinger 2
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-eng/e-07product/e07dellinger2.html

Horus

I've played for about 8 years, but I've only seen them used by random artists like GacktJOB, etc.

What are -your- thoughts on these instruments?
-G.

EDIT:
Okay, I have two more questions:
Are these amps any good? Randall RH150 150W Tube - Valve Dynamic

Second, how does the guitarist get his harmonic to sustain for SO LONG especially when doing whammy flutters??!!
Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCoMSzHuM7I
(Sorry that it is kinda long. T.T)
@SeijiRellik

Originally posted by FunkasPuck
Windows secretly molest your guitar when you arent looking.
The radiator films it.

Member #9 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Last edited by Glare at Feb 24, 2008,
Chris Amott from Arch Enemy uses one of there guitars (top one)

Trust me he sounds great when he plays it so I'm pretty it most sound good.
I haven't heard of a whole lot, but what I have heard is that they are top notch guitars, but they are expensive though aren't they?
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Jcm-900 Lead 1960 cab
Jackson USA RR1 w/SD blackouts
Jackson Dominion w/SD Distortion
Jackson SLS3 w/SD blackouts
Maxon OD808
EH Small Clone chorus
Ampeg B2R
Ampeg Cabs, 4x10, 1x15
Rickenbacker Bass Guitar
Ibanez CP-9
GET ONE DAMMIT!!!!! They're some of the best guitars i've played. And i play stuff from smooth jazz and blues to technical death metal, and they can handle it!

edit: alright, that didn't help much. What i meant to say was if you can afford one and find one, definitely buy it. They're extremely versatile and have such a great feel and sound. They're extremely versatile too.
Caparisons are friggen AWESOME!!!

If you have a few thousand bucks to drop. Japanese-made, and according to their site or whatever, because they're so highly customized, they only make 40 guitars a month. Michael Romeo has his signature model, and Oh.. my... god...
I know quite a few estabnlished pros play them. Andy Larocque and Michale Romeo off the top of my head.

They are fantastic guitars, if I had the chance id buy one myself.
those neck heads could be a possible murder weapon...it really looks deadly...

but overall the guitars don't look half bad...i like the natural one...
Arch Enemy, Killswitch, Symphony X and Freak Kitchen. I know these has kickass guitarists, who sounds badass with caparisons.
Also they're not machine made, every model is made in the same way a custom shop guitar would be
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Aidy Damage
They look gorgeous! That's got me torn between a Caparison of some sort and a PRS...

Take the Caparison. PRS' are so ordinary
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
Take the Caparison. PRS' are so ordinary

Indeed! And the music I play is very heavily based on J-Rock...
Get it bitch!

I've had the honour of trying Mattias IA Eklundhs Caparison once. It was great!
I Like Cake
Those are fantastic guitars! Handle all kinds of music very well (very good for dropped tunings) they have some guitars that are made for stuff in Drop B (still it´s 25,5 scale) i really like the dillinger II.
And Soilwork uses them!!
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by gh0sthack
Didn't Hide play a Caparison?

No, he played like a turdload of B.C. Rich guitars and a couple of Gibbies to boot.

TS. Caparison are really versatile guitars. They're awesome too. You should totally go for it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I own a Caparison Horus and I think it's a great guitar. Fast neck, great stock pickups, not too heavy, cool design and quality parts.
IS it not one of the ESP custom shop builders who's company they are?
(excuse the awful grammar)

I've never heard anything bad of them and they look very nice. A shop near me has a couple of them and they look the sex in real life.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Flemfloyd

I've never heard anything bad of them and they look very nice. A shop near me has a couple of them and they look the sex in real life.

Guitarguitar!
i stand in there and just stare at them in awe lol

but yeah, they are meant to be AWESOME guitars, and they would fit that style i think
nice gazette song btw
Top lel.
They are truly awesome. I played a horus at the local GC, and it was one of the best guitars I've ever played. Go for it!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
So... I was a bit broad on what I play.

My main styles are Rock/Metalesque/JROCK \m/

Heh.

I'll save a little more and get a Caparison.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys.
-G
@SeijiRellik

The radiator films it.

they're nice, but i don't think they're nice enough for the prices they go for outside Japan. if you can find some way to get one from japan (and bear in mind that doing that will void any warranty there'd be on it), they'd be worth a look, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Flemfloyd

I believe the founder used to be a custom shop builder for Jackson, but it may have been ESP. He also does the finishes.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
^ i heard jackson too, but i'd need to confirm that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I believe the founder used to be a custom shop builder for Jackson, but it may have been ESP. He also does the finishes.

Just checked on wiki and it says Jackson/Charvel so you're right.

Quote by the memory
Guitarguitar!
i stand in there and just stare at them in awe lol

+1

They're just so dreamy[/teenage girl from the 50's]
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by jake911
^ is it me or does that guitar have a real dirty fretboard.

No, I think you are pretty much seeing a dirty guitar with a dirty fretboard. Haha.
@SeijiRellik

The radiator films it.

Turff of Screaming Mechanical Brain uses them.

27 frets plus beautiful finishes...totally worth it.
I don't even shred
Amazing guitars bro. If you get the shot, I'd get one. Well worth the money.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Hey!
[Please re-read first post of topic. I have two more questions.]
Thanks,
Glare
@SeijiRellik

The radiator films it.

#2: There's a good chance that he's using a sustainer pedal or Fernandes Sustainiac pickups, which make notes ring indefinitely.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
#2: There's a good chance that he's using a sustainer pedal or Fernandes Sustainiac pickups, which make notes ring indefinitely.

It is a Caparison guitar. They don't have those, and when the camera gets on the guitar, there is no switch for one either. T.T

But... You only hear -that- note... You don't hear other notes ringout when he whammy flutters... He's not even touching the fretboard, too! It's... I can't do it! haha.
@SeijiRellik

The radiator films it.

Originally posted by Caparison Site

Both Dellinger and Dellinger II have the push-push switch control that sprits the coil immediately between the bridge pickup and neck pickup as well as adjustment of the tone control.

Anyway, Caparison guitars are just beautiful and I had the cash I'd invest in one straight away. No trem for me though
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Page 1 of 2