ok so as you can see in the title, im between these two amps... i wanna know which one is better, what are ur experiences with these amps, pros and cons you know....

i play mostly metal and metalcore but sometimes ill play other stuff like punk and mainstream rock...

im looking for a high gain machine, yet something pretty versatile and with good tone...
i dont know about the randall, but i have the valveking and love it. i can get high gain, but also great classic rock tone and blues crunch. the cleans are amazing too. i've heard before that's the cleans are almost fender and the drive is almost marshall.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
with the valveking you'll probably need an overdrive pedal to get the high gain you're looking for. idk about the randall.
Jackson DK2M White
Mesa Dual Rec(2 channel)
Carvin V212
Quote by jhjps
i dont know about the randall, but i have the valveking and love it. i can get high gain, but also great classic rock tone and blues crunch. the cleans are amazing too. i've heard before that's the cleans are almost fender and the drive is almost marshall.

dude ive heard it sucks at low volumes...is this true?
Valveking, and the amp does high gain but like mentioned above, you might need an overdrive pedal for metalcore. Digitech Bad Monkey $50.00 US or less on ebay
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Lynchworm
Valveking, and the amp does high gain but like mentioned above, you might need an overdrive pedal for metalcore. Digitech Bad Monkey $50.00 US or less on ebay

i was actually thinking of a maxon od808...
Quote by cedaguol
i was actually thinking of a maxon od808...

Or a tubescreamer, either would make your VK wail, I went the cheap route with a DOD. Still sounds beautiful.

Oh and for the amps full potential, you'll need to crank it, as with all tube amps.
well maybe vk is the way to go... and what about the randall? i probably wont buy the randall since it is a lil bit more expensive but anyways id like to know bout it