I have several questions about the OCD. Is it analog? does it sound good over already gain-drenched distorted tones? are there better OD pedals out there ?
The OCD is most certainly analogue, it sounds great over already gain drenched tones if you need more gain or if you need to tighten up your sound(unless it's an SS amp of course). Whether or not the OCD is the best is really a matter of personal preference
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
well its not digital, analog is usually used to refer to delays. i've never heard an OD pedal called "analog". it should have enough gain, but what do you need it for if you already have gain-drenched distorted tones? It can be a huge clean-ish boost.

is it the best OD out there? thats for you to decide. I'd say its a damn good deal at 150, and the only other pedals that i would recommend at that price would be the tim/timmy, but they have a long waiting list.

so, what do you play (styles)? What is this pedal going to be used for? How much $$ do you have?
Yes, yes, and yes. But its is one of the best in its price range. what amp are you going to use it with? your cube?
Just my opinion but I've got three other overdrives I like better than the OCD... personal preference. Don't get me wrong, great pedal, built well, but I think it serves better as a boost... OCD is a VERY transparent just as everyone claims. I think the tonality is more distortiony than like an overdrive.
Quote by protech487
Just my opinion but I've got three other overdrives I like better than the OCD... personal preference. Don't get me wrong, great pedal, built well, but I think it serves better as a boost... OCD is a VERY transparent just as everyone claims. I think the tonality is more distortiony than like an overdrive.

I'm picking up the recto soon and i want to boost the gain a bit, make it tighter, heavier. What are some better OD pedals for that?
Quote by Highwaytohell
I'm picking up the recto soon and i want to boost the gain a bit, make it tighter, heavier. What are some better OD pedals for that?

I think the OCD would do great for that. Like mentioned the OCD is very transparent so you would be able to appreciate your boogie tone. So if its a boost you are looking for I think you would be pleased. It will boost you signal and keep your tone and beef up you signal as well. (I was replying in the first thread as a stand alone overdrive).
well the king of boosts is considered the klon centaur, but thats a little pricey. id look at (and research)
Analogman king of tone
analogman beano boost
butler/chandler tube driver
maxon od9 or ibanez ts808
hot cake
fulltone fulldrive
fulltone fatboost
fulltone ocd
paul cochrane tim/timmy
zvex sho/super duper 2 in 1
zvex Box of rock
zendrive
keeley modded boss pedals
homebrew electronics big d
lovepedal eternity
geekmacdaddy geek screamer
homebrew uno mos
homebrew power screamer
landgraff dynamic overdrive
landgraff cleanboost
voodoo labs sparkle drive
those are some of the boutique/highly regarded pedals out there

Quote by s.r.v.
well the king of boosts is considered the klon centaur, but thats a little pricey. id look at (and research)
Analogman king of tone
analogman beano boost
butler/chandler tube driver
maxon od9 or ibanez ts808
hot cake
fulltone fulldrive
fulltone fatboost
fulltone ocd
paul cochrane tim/timmy
zvex sho/super duper 2 in 1
zvex Box of rock
zendrive
keeley modded boss pedals
homebrew electronics big d
lovepedal eternity
geekmacdaddy geek screamer
homebrew uno mos
homebrew power screamer
landgraff dynamic overdrive
landgraff cleanboost
voodoo labs sparkle drive
those are some of the boutique/highly regarded pedals out there

I've got the Homebrew Electronics power screamer and I love it. would never sell it.