Are possibilities for next amplifier purchase. As far as high end, high gain amps go, what would you suggest for something that has absolute god like high gain, metal tone, but also fantastic cleans. ENGL seems to be a very good choice but I would like to know from some people that have had some experience with these amps. I should also say that i've owned a Krank Revolution and didn't originaly care for it, but they have new models now so I wasn't sure. Any thoughts? btw, I really like the tone on "This Godless Endevor" by Nevermore
My Gear:
ESP RV-398 AL
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez SA-120
Peavy 6505 plus head
Marshall 1960B cab 4x12
Crate Powerblock
Crate 4x12 slant cab
Marshall MG 30 DFX
QSC 2450 power amplifier
Yamaha MG166FX Mixer
Electro-Voice Eliminator dual 15 x2
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
What are you looking for that the Peavey isn't doing for you?

This is a VERY broad question, and ever amp you're mentioning is good, but in different ways. Ofcourse, some are better than others, but that can also be subjective.

this has nothing to do with the topic... but... you have the most amazing avatar in UG... i had to get it out
Jeff Loomis uses a Peavey XXX head, so if you like Nevermore's tone, get that.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Jeff Loomis uses a Peavey XXX head, so if you like Nevermore's tone, get that.

Actually I'm fairly sure he doesn't, which is why I stated that I liked the way it sounded. I've seen him using Mesa live, but i've heard he uses Krank, and he's also listed on the ENGL website
My Gear:
ESP RV-398 AL
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez SA-120
Peavy 6505 plus head
Marshall 1960B cab 4x12
Crate Powerblock
Crate 4x12 slant cab
Marshall MG 30 DFX
QSC 2450 power amplifier
Yamaha MG166FX Mixer
What are you looking for that the Peavey isn't doing for you? I do like the way the Peavey sounds, It's quite incredible actually, but the second I switch to the clean chanel, I'm reminded how single purpose this amp is
My Gear:
ESP RV-398 AL
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez SA-120
Peavy 6505 plus head
Marshall 1960B cab 4x12
Crate Powerblock
Crate 4x12 slant cab
Marshall MG 30 DFX
QSC 2450 power amplifier
Yamaha MG166FX Mixer
This is ridiculous, why the hell is he listed on so many websites? he's on kranks too
My Gear:
ESP RV-398 AL
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez SA-120
Peavy 6505 plus head
Marshall 1960B cab 4x12
Crate Powerblock
Crate 4x12 slant cab
Marshall MG 30 DFX
QSC 2450 power amplifier
Yamaha MG166FX Mixer
Quote by RG_FANMAN
http://www.peavey.com/artists/dsp_info.cfm/action/info/artist/194/loomis.cfm

Yea, I heard he also uses the Krank Rev (boosted i guess, most users seem to), Mesa Rectos, and ENGL Powerballs. But I think a lot of Nevermore stuff's been done with the Triple XXX (not 100% sure though).

he was using a Krankenstein actually. Buy yeah, he's a big amp *****, or not depending how you look at it. He's played thru a ton of amps, and still sounds like Loomis. The ENGL thing is recent after Broderick turned him onto them.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Anyway, does anyone have any first hand experience with these amps? It would be helpful since I can't play through any of them
My Gear:
ESP RV-398 AL
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez SA-120
Peavy 6505 plus head
Marshall 1960B cab 4x12
Crate Powerblock
Crate 4x12 slant cab
Marshall MG 30 DFX
QSC 2450 power amplifier
Yamaha MG166FX Mixer
You just mentioned brands, not actual models.
Budget?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
You just mentioned brands, not actual models.
Budget?

Well as far as ENGL goes I was thinking Powerball, but budget really isn't a problem if it's the most amazing thing i've ever heard
My Gear:
ESP RV-398 AL
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez SA-120
Peavy 6505 plus head
Marshall 1960B cab 4x12
Crate Powerblock
Crate 4x12 slant cab
Marshall MG 30 DFX
QSC 2450 power amplifier
Yamaha MG166FX Mixer
i would recomend the ENGL powerball. i dont own any high end amps but iv played on one of these and it nearly blew my balls of with awesomeness.
Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
I love both my roadking and Mark IV.

Both amps have extreme versatility. Everything from excellent cleans, mean leads, to pounding rhythms.

I'd say the roadking is a hair more versatile than the Mark IV, partly in fact due to more channels. You really should give both of those amps a try.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Mesa: Mark IV and Roadking are in the proce range (if not new, then definately used).
Soldano: Avenger
VHT: Deliverance
Krank: Krankstein?
ENGL: Blackmore is cheaper (but might not be aggressive enough)
Framus: a used Dragon (or even a Cobra)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Soldano. Soladano! SOLDANO!!! Try them out and you will be hocked my friend
Quote by DiabloTheDevil
Anyway, does anyone have any first hand experience with these amps? It would be helpful since I can't play through any of them

I have a Soldano SLO 100, & I'd say stay away from an SLO or Avenger if you want GREAT cleans. The SLO will actually do semi-tolerable cleans (guitar volume turned down a bit also), but it's like going grocery shopping in a Ferrari. It's just not really made for it. Of the Soldanos, a Decatone may be a good choice. PM Kendall & ask him. He has a Decatone, & could tell you about the cleans.
All 3 of the models listed have absolutely devastating levels of gain & smoking tone, BTW.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
A good friend of mine has an ENGL Invader and it sounds amazing for what he uses it for (uber-crazy-mad-insane high gain). I've never once heard any attempt at a clean sound come from it so I can't comment on how well it does such things.

I wasn't thrilled with the Krankenstein in any way. It lacked a lot of the richness that really come through in other amps (such as the aforementioned ENGL and my Soldano). I thought it sounded really flat and was very one-sided in it's operation.

I have absolutely no experience whatsoever with the VHT's, so I have no opinion.

Regarding the Soldano's, the Decatone (being a 3 channel) is more versatile than anything else the company offers (except the X99 preamp which has been out of production for quite some time now). The clean channel is fantastic, rich and depending on the dials either smooth or crisp, it responds better than most to picking dynamics and texture and will break up when played hard to the point of mild distortion. The crunch channel is basically a JCM800 sound-alike at mid gain settings but retains the tight low end and is more akin to an Orange Rocker when you turn the gain up. The overdrive channel is what made Soldano famous and is very much akin (though not identical) to the overdrive on the SLO.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I would check out Soldano SLO, ENGL Powerball/Invader/SE/Savage, VHT pitbull, Framus Cobra/Dragon, Bogner Uberschall, Diezel Einstein/Hebert, Diamond, Rivera Knucklehead.

I would look into all of those, however i have heard there to be reliability issues with Framus' and with Diamonds.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore