I've tried and tried and can't figure it out. UG almost never fails, so we'll see if some kind person can help me out.

My harddrive recently crashed and I had to get a new one, which meant reinstalling windows on it. I'm trying to get Windows Movie Maker so I can upload video. They say it can be downloaded via automatic updates, but I've done that and still don't have it.

Can anyone tell me how to get it - or better yet, reccomend me a better movie capture/editing program.

Keep in mind I have a cheap computer (1.3 Ghz, a 700-something MBs of Ram), so it can't be a super big program.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Quote by rasveer

From that page:

"Download Instructions
Movie Maker 2.1 is available for download with Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). You can download SP2, Movie Maker 2.1, and all future critical updates automatically by turning on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP.

You can also download SP2 and Movie Maker 2.1 from Microsoft Update. If you cannot use Automatic Updates or download SP2 via Windows Update, order a CD."

I don't want to Order a CD, as I need it tonight.

Does anyone know of any good alternate software?
You can't even efficiently edit/ view videos with those type of processor specs.
Quote by .Epidemic
You can't even efficiently edit/ view videos with those type of processor specs.

It worked fine with Windows Movie Maker when I had it before.

Edit*
How did you get it before? It's odd that you reinstall windows and you odn't have it... unless it was factory installed when you first got it and they gave you a bunch of programs
Quote by RPGoof
How did you get it before? It's odd that you reinstall windows and you odn't have it... unless it was factory installed when you first got it and they gave you a bunch of programs

Yeah, that's what happened.