ok, so i am going to get a new guitar. I am really into metal and really into grunge (hard as that is to believe) and i have a grunge band. So i am wondering, should i buy an ESP LTD M-200FM or a Squier Jagmaster (using the remainder to mod one of my old guitars)?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Get the Jagmaster because it won't suck for other genres of music. Trust me, you may not be playing just grunge and metal a while from now and it saves you money to buy a guitar that will play more than what your just playing at the moment.
I say ESP because it can get an ok range of tones but is mostly suited for heavy music....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CullenT

Thanks.

Anyways based on a quick look, I would say that the ESP would handle metal and grunge style a bit better but would offer less flexibility than the Jag. If you're sure you're going to be a metal/grunge head for a long time, go ESP. If you want some more versatility in tone, go Jag.
go with an epiphone les paul, it will do both
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
go with an epiphone les paul, it will do both

i already own a crappy one (probably end up modding it) and i want something with a slimmer neck anyways.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
you guys are telling him to get an epiphone les paul...but he already has an LP-100.....i suppose there are different types but I'm pretyy sure they're pretty similar....
Never gonna give you up...
Quote by GuitarSpnkr
you guys are telling him to get an epiphone les paul...but he already has an LP-100.....i suppose there are different types but I'm pretyy sure they're pretty similar....

Oh, so he does.

In that case...Save your money. You currently have a entry level guitar. You are going to buy something that is really not that much better than what you have. Save up and get some much nicer down the road.
Neither.Get a new amp.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Vox is great for jazz and country but for metal you need AT LEAST a tube screamer i'd recommend getting a Marshall amp screw the new guitar.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Metal > Grunge.

Get the ESP

I agree with every portion of this sentance
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Masonpwiley
Metal > Grunge.

Get the ESP

Ignorant, much?

I'd suggest a Tokai les paul or a PRS SE of some kind. That'd handle most stuff amazingly. A Tokai SG could be nice, too- they're lovely guitars.
Please, stop using the word 'portion'- he's looking for a gear upgrade, not a happy meal.
Quote by BAoxymoron
Vox is great for jazz and country but for metal you need AT LEAST a tube screamer i'd recommend getting a Marshall amp screw the new guitar.

who said anything about vox? i have a fender 100 watt combo, just bought it last month
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by Dream Pin
Get a new amp.
The amp is a bigger portion of your tone the guitar, a MUCH bigger portion of it.

once again, just bought a fender 100 watt combo last month
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Just because its fender doesn't mean that its good. But do you like the tone you are getting at the moment?

If not then I'd suggest that you get a new amp first, The frontman isn't built for gain.

And If you do like your tone then get an Used M-400, they are about the same price