ive got new pickups coming for my tele and ive heard that getting new pots for my mim tele would be a good idea. i see that theyre not too expensive so i wouldnt mind getting them off of gfs. What benefit would i get from changing out my pots in my guitar??

thanks in advance.
Well, for one they'll be easier to put new pickups on cause you won't have to worry about old solder, though some parts will be a little harder to solder to at first. The electronics in the guitar might not be too great either and new electronics could improve the sound of it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ic do the electronics you speak of include wires and stuff? i just want my tele to sound as good as possible.
Hi SG,

All good questions. Here's what I know:

The quality of all components matters to the signal quality.

Cheaply made pots will degrade the tone before it even leaves the guitar. The proper value is necessary. If you don't already know, single-coil pickups usually use 250k pots while humbuckers use 500k.

The wrong gauge of wire can make some difference. The wire shouldn't be too thin or too thick. I am not sure of a recommended gauge, but you can probably search it easily online.

Does the output jack look solid? If it looks flimsy in any way, you might as well replace it with something good.
22 AWG stranded copper wire is standard for the wiring in it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you like modding don't be afraid to try different k pots I use 500 in my strat and it really warms it up.
ic thanks alot for the advice guys.once i put my new pickups in ill decide afterwards on what it needs.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by modernp
If you like modding don't be afraid to try different k pots I use 500 in my strat and it really warms it up.

500K should only brighten the signal up, seeing as 250K is the standard SingleCoil value.