ya thats definitely not good. the first thing you should try is replacing the tube immediately, before you use the amp again. if its a power tube, you should really replace both of them and have it biased at a shop to make sure the tube was the issue and not something else.

DO NOT OPEN YOUR AMP UP. the voltages inside WILL kill you.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
You should have your tubes tied....

No im only kidding. Replace the tube, dont turn it on again. It could go violently and take the other tubes or even the amp with it.........like me.

Oh yea, dont open your amp, there is voltage stored even when the amp is turned off that can kill you, just open it enough to change the tubes.

EDIT: My V3 blew......Carvin coincidence? hmm
A blue glow inside the tube means that the tube has gas inside the tube that is being pushed against the outside of the glass. Or at least that is what I think is happening. But, my Road King's tubes glow blue when they are being used. But, if you say your sound is cutting out, then you might wanna get those tubes replaced...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Note: It will take a little while to do this... It happened twice before I started to get concerned, and it was about 10 minutes in. I doubt that matters though. Kinda like dead batteries. You can use them for a decreasing amount of time each time you turn the item on.
Quote by CallmeTravis
In this case, any suggestions for tubes?

Check out the tubes sticky, they have some good info on different tubes in there.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
It can KILL you if you open up your amp.....:|
damn. I'm afraid of changing tubes now
you don't have to open up your amp to change tubes. but, seeing how you almost took out your transformer thinking it was a reverb tank, i'd let an amp tech look at it
Quote by The Real Ming
JJ's

+1
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Quote by The Real Ming
JJ's

Are JJ's sold in stores, or only online? Because no one I called has them. And I definitely want them.

And agian:

Quote by CallmeTravis
If my amp has a bias switch to set to EL34 or 6L6, does it really need to be rebiased if I get one of them (would be EL34)?

Because I don't know if it would...