I will try to be as specific as possible

i am running an brand new Vox AC30, with a Mt-2, big muff pi, noise gate, digitech hot rod, and a wah and i am looking for a good metal sound out of it.

i know it isn't a metal amp persay, but i have heard some amazing tones out this amp, i just need help transfering them over to my pedals.

i am using an Ibanez Rgt42 and a no name guitar with Evolution pickups in it.

I am looking for a good metal tone and i just want some advice on the settings i should use for either the metal zone or the vox. it is hard to get a consistant good metal tone out of it. ANY ideas would really help.
Pulling out only works when you're drunk

President of the Jason Becker > You club
pm to join
The MT-2 is your first problem...in my opinion. But thats just I (along with 99% of the other ppl here) hate the MT-2 with a passion.

Really man its all a matter of taking the time to get it just right to your ears.

What are you looking to get out of your set up? More distortion? Lots of bass? etc...
i am looking for a very clear metal tone. not a korn or slipknot tone.

along the lines of COB maybe, or just melodic death metal in general. or a good shred tone

pm to join
Yeah the MT-2 is not the pedal for that I dont think. Im not big on "metal pedals" or distortion pedals in general so I couldnt even tell ya what to get in that range of stuff.

I have a Triple Recto so...lol...dont really need any pedals for that...
while a kickass amp in it's own right, IMO, you bought the wrong amp if you were looking primarily for metal tones.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
well i got it for a killer price, and its cleans are amzing

an iron maiden(ish) tone for me would actually be best

might be stretching too far for COB

pm to join