Hello, I started messing around on my guitar and really liked the chords coming out so I decided to put it all together as a song... I have been recording this for a few days and I am really pleased with the outcome... tell me what you think:

www.myspace.com/foundyesterday

LYRICS:

Get over you now
Its not easy and
I know it's something I won't do

How can I tell
These fine people
They are not up to par with you

You are perfect
And I know you're out there
And you're always been made me for me

When I first saw ya
I knew I was hooked with
The first look when you took away my breath from me

I came up and met ya
you was perfect
your smile finished the deal instantly

---
Thanks
Nice. Sounds like you know what you're doing in that studio.

Beautiful subtle interplay between the guitars - nicely voiced left to right.

...I like the 2nd vocal part - nice harmonies with it - and the delay effects - yeah... sweet.

Those are some nice sounding guitars on there.

...and just got to the end. Very cool ending too! I like how you bring it down to just voice and 1-guitar - pull it into the center. Nice work!

And I'm not a huge acoustic/voice fan either - but this was well done. I found it very entertaining.
first of all, very nice smooth vocals. impressive. the lyrics suit the song nicely but they're a bit depressing haha. catchy chorus and i was pleasantly surprised at 2:15 when the strings came in. also after that when the vocal part is doubled an octave higher - great stuff. sounds awesome. flawless production really. very polished.

crit mine? would really appreciate it.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787625
Thanks for the both the comments I appreciate the kind words - I am just in my room no studio but I have some gear that I've purchased over the past years so it's like a home studio.
Very nice! I quite like the acoustic tone, and the vocals that are a bit sparse at times...I'd maybe suggest a little bit of electric gutiar or something to give it that extra sparkle it needs. Apart from that, the song is near perfect!

Oh, and how are you EQing your vocals? It's just that I was in a studio today, and I've got nearly the exact same Vocal tone as you, seems strange I know, but I'd like to achieve this at home, instead of paying £50 for 3 songs..
Hey thanks for the comment - I agree with the electric guitar but what do you mean by vocals being sparse...? Like they are a bit soft at some times? Or... ?

As for the EQ I'll include a screenshot of my session for this song: The EQ is highlighted in yellow and it's a basic graphic EQ so you should be able to determine what settings to use....

The rest of the plugins that are in the screenshot are what I used on the vocals as well including reverb, compression, limiting ...

SCREENSHOT: www.foundyesterdaymusic.com/eq.jpg

Thanks again.
i heard one of your songs a couple days ago and your myspace is favourited on my browser
love it definately sounds like its ready for the radio
i like the ending as well with just the one guitar.
A++
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
I loved all of it! Your quite talented.
If you check my profile song please leave a comment on any part.....THANKS!!!
Thanks too both... I wish it was ready for radio haha... I thought it ended to abrupt so I decided to go back after I finished it and add that one guitar with the softer vocals... I was glad it turned out alright...
really really good song i like everything about it, the composition, arrangement and the production. It has a very polished feel to it, the only thing i think is missing is possibly another guitar layer, whether it would be electric or just a more aggresively strummed acoustic, even just doubling the harmonic content might do it, and only in the second run through of the chorus at 1:50. its all down to artistic choice but i think it needs a rise in energy at that part. excellent job though
Guitars-
krozka-sharpe raider session 'revo'
ibanez s520ex with SD TB-10 full shred bridge
ibanez sz520qm
epiphone les paul custom
epiphone EJ200

Amp-
Orange tiny terror with PPC112 cab
Really cool song you've got there. The quality on the vocals is amazing; it sounds really good with that bit of delay on the verse. And the guitar is spot on. Great quality recording for the acoustic. Cool chord progressions. The drums fit well, and the singing fits the music really well. And good singing too. You're very talented. That violin (I think it was one) worked really well too.

Overall very nice job. Great quality song.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789919
i reali liked it and the guitars sound awesome
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
|....The BEER TRUCK.... ||||'""|""°\_,__
|___Just for You___l||__|__|___|) _____|
|(@)(@)""""""""""""**|(@)(@)****|(@)|
Quote by notonlybutalso
really really good song i like everything about it, the composition, arrangement and the production. It has a very polished feel to it, the only thing i think is missing is possibly another guitar layer, whether it would be electric or just a more aggresively strummed acoustic, even just doubling the harmonic content might do it, and only in the second run through of the chorus at 1:50. its all down to artistic choice but i think it needs a rise in energy at that part. excellent job though

Yeah I agree with you 100% I think it needs something to pull it up a bit into the next level... re-listening I am still please with the outcome but it feels like it just drags on and dosen't lift up at all...