i have a marshall mg50dfx i like the distortion generally but its a little muddy. would a new speaker help?
A new amp, don't expect to a get an average sound out of an MG, go invest in a nice tube combo amp, it'll do wonders.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by led+metallica
i have a marshall mg50dfx i like the distortion generally but its a little muddy. would a new speaker help?

I wouldn't bust out any cash on a speaker for it TBH. Just play with your EQ or get a cheap EQ pedal like a Danelectro Fish & Chips. If all else fails, then get a new speaker but it would be like dressing up a corpse for a night out on the town.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You can't polish a turd.
Just stick with it, get the best sounds you can out of it currently until you upgrade your gear.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
ok thanks u guys i cant really afford a new amp now so can u give a few settings for master of puppets.. it it doesn't work i ll get a pedal or something
Quote by akack
Bass to 9
Middle to 1
Treble to 5

That's the only problem I have with those settings. Try the mids at like 7 - 10 ish and add gain to your liking.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's the only problem I have with those settings. Try the mids at like 7 - 10 ish and add gain to your liking.

For SOME tones (Pantera, Metallica in RTL era) you need to scoop the mids out though
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
For SOME tones (Pantera, Metallica in RTL era) you need to scoop the mids out though

Point taken! But when I would smiley the hell out of my amp, I could never get that Metalli-tone. It used to make me fanatic!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster