So I have an Ibanez RG Tremolo budget guitar which I'm looking to customize for a while now.

The humbucker in the bridge is decent but the single coil and the neck one are just below par. I was looking for EMGs or D'Marzio pickups for the neck and bridge for now, I'll think about the single coil later.

My overall budget for the each humbucker is about 200$. I play a little metal, lotsa classic rock, some blues and a tiny bit of jazz if that's needed.

Also I was looking for a few good pedals to add to my sound. I've heard the TS-9s are good and so are the Digitech Whammy. Same budget as the each humbucker for each pedal. 200$

I play lots of Satch and Vai and the like.

Help?

Please?
fender atomic humbucker for the bridge and a dimarzio paf pro for the neck
Try invaders or Full Shreds
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
New amp. Definitely.

Sorry, but there's very little point doing anything to that guitar until you're playing it through a new amp.
Quote by Samzawadi
New amp. Definitely.

Sorry, but there's very little point doing anything to that guitar until you're playing it through a new amp.

Yup +1

With a Marshall MG respectable tones are almost impossible, new pickups won't make much of a difference until you have a tube amp my friend. Or at least in my experience.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Hmm, spending £200 + on a guitar that isnt really that good in the first place isnt a really good idea imo. Probably worth saving up for a better guitar to go with your amp. Unless you absolutely love how it plays etc, then thats a different story. But i really wouldn't bother.
Quote by akack
Screw the amp, the MG's my practice amp. I have a JCM for actual work.

Ahh, well we were all looking at your sig

Is your guitar professionally/Properly setup? Because that might be an effective way to generally improve any guitar.

If not the pickups are due a change then, I personally like burstbuckers but they are perhaps not right for you. Maybe some Alnico Pros?
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
try rockfield pickups.
they're not very mainstream [making them cheaper] but their pickups are KILLER, and the low price will put lots of extra cash in your pocket. [they're about $50 a pickup]
I'd suggest the SWVs or SWCs for ya.
[anyone wanna back me up on this?]

What kind of effects are you looking for?
Last edited by Anonymouslyours at Feb 21, 2008,