So Today I bought this sweet Michael Kelly Hollow Body that has a hook for the strap where the neck and body join. And I'm definately putting on some dunlop strap locks but I've heard bad things on doing that with guitars that have the strap hook in that postion. Any worries or anything like that?
The only reason I can think of is because...

With Straploks, the tension is put on the strap peg farther from the anchor(the wood). If you used a "normal" strap button, the strap is held closer to the guitar body, providing more strength.

It's leverage and might be why some don't recommend it. The heel might be a bad place to put that much tension on a strap peg screw.

That's my two cents.
Quote by carpepax
The only reason I can think of is because...

With Straploks, the tension is put on the strap peg farther from the anchor(the wood). If you used a "normal" strap button, the strap is held closer to the guitar body, providing more strength.

It's leverage and might be why some don't recommend it. The heel might be a bad place to put that much tension on a strap peg screw.

That's my two cents.

So what do I do? I don't want to start drilling holes in my guitar.
if ur worried about the straplocks ruining your gutiar, use the cheep alternative, use bottle caps as them, just drill a hole in the centre of the cap, and use the strapbutton's screw to screw the cap on the outside of the strap
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
Quote by guitarnoobie
So what do I do? I don't want to start drilling holes in my guitar.

These appear to have a better design than the ones I was thinking of.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schaller-Strap-Locks-and-Buttons-Pair-?sku=360389

For your guitar, I would consider those Schallers over the Jim Dunlop Straploks I have on my solid body.