bump for this guy cuz im lookin for some slower finger style funk stuff to play too
I am me. Live with it.
try some chilis...something from blood sugar sex magik or californication...?

not all melodic as such, but blood sugar def has some FUnKy bass lines.

other albums as well...
Check out some Zero 7. They've got some veeeeeery nice bass grooves.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
if you listen to ssome of the slow stuff by the beatles you can hear McCartney weaving around everything with some nice melodic lines, particularly 'something' off of abbey road
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
try some Tool stuff. I know that he plays with a pick, but i find it better to play with fingers. Try to learn Forty Six & 2. not really funky, but it is slow and melodic.
Slap a bass, not a ho.
Yeah, as far as Tool goes, Disposition and Reflection might fit what you need. What about Pink Floyd - Dogs? Maybe not... ah! Pink Floyd - Speak to Me / Breathe.

I've got to push Ratatat. El Pico, Crips, Germany to Germany, etc, basically every song.
soul to squeeze by rhcp is a good one.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Your first mistake was getting a Chinese lady to cut your hair.

Your second mistake was getting someone who doesn't speak English to cut your hair.

Your third mistake was listening to your dicklock parents.

A classical - autumn leaves, instead of just the root notes try adding some apaggios in there aswell, should turn out melodic.

Some of the songs on the album blood sugar sex magik from the peppers are also quite funky.

..No, Funkayyy
Quote by aguacateojos
Yeah, as far as Tool goes, Disposition and Reflection might fit what you need. What about Pink Floyd - Dogs? Maybe not... ah! Pink Floyd - Speak to Me / Breathe.

I've got to push Ratatat. El Pico, Crips, Germany to Germany, etc, basically every song.

you are my new best (e)friend. I <3 Ratatat.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
They're pretty much amazing. Ever seen them live? Wonderful show.

Daft Punk - Something About Us
Are you in - Incubus is my thought at the moment..
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Most stuff that James Jamerson played on.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Definitely do I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch). I guess tracks like Bernadette, I Second That Emotion, Shotgun, Ain't No Mountain High Enough etc., are relatively slow groove, but he still shreds at points. Don't go near You Can't Hurry Love or Reach Out (I'll Be There) if you're looking for slow Jamerson.
I think Show Me How To Live by Audioslave has a really nice groove to it. Especially when underneath Tom Morellos tremolo picking solo thing.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Butcher Blues - Kasabian
Cannibal Corpse

Quote by THE JEWISH AFRO
Good Golly Gosh!

nice sig...
I am not a huge fan of Noel Redding, but for an fairly easy, slow pretty bass line--The Wind Cries Mary fits the bill.
Quote by hey_ugly
soul to squeeze by rhcp is a good one.

Took it right out of my mouth.

Also, let's do a quick Stone Temple Pilots sweep here:

Creep, from Core
Interstate Love Song, from Purple
And So I Know, from Tiny Music

There's my input.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
the verses in the first half of Tetragrammaton (The Mars Volta) come to mind.

An add to the STP ones (Big Empty from Purple and Too Cool Queenie from Shangri-La-Dee-Da) are both good slow ones.
What is and What Should Never Be
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Jamiroquai - Too Young To Die
Jamiroquai - Music Of The Mind
Jamiroquai - Falling

Sorted.
Quote by Mongoose87
What is and What Should Never Be

stole the words from me...
311, anybody? Amber, Freeze Time, the Lovesong cover.......
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by Trabo
im leaning torwards Battlestar Scralatchtica

check it out, its extremely grooving

I concur, Battlestar was one of Dirk Lance's coolest parts.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez