Page 1 of 4
because this is completely disrespectful at this point,I actually saw a shirt with dime on it,and on the back it said "The Dean ML Has Been Around For 30 Years,Isnt It Time You get Your Wings?",and wtf is with the 20 somthing Dime guitars?Even Jackson didnt overuse Rhoads' name this much,and were talking about a company that ripped off Laiho and Lynch when they got well known because they wouldnt endorse them and they went to ESp instead.
I used to like Deans too.
When it stops being profitable.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
I ****ing despise Dean. Might aswell go piss on the guy's headstone. I don't even like Pantera or Damageplan and I think he was a generally vastly overrated guitar player, but it's a matter of respect. If.. I dunno, James Hetfield died today and Shure brought out a series of James Hetfield signature SM58 mics or some ****, I'd say the same thing. I don't even like the guys voice that much, but it's a matter of respect.

****ing sick bastards Dean are.
i dont like them for dimebag i like them for the ml...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Dream Pin
I ****ing despise Dean. Might aswell go piss on the guy's headstone. I don't even like Pantera or Damageplan and I think he was a generally vastly overrated guitar player, but it's a matter of respect. If.. I dunno, James Hetfield died today and Shure brought out a series of James Hetfield signature SM58 mics or some ****, I'd say the same thing. I don't even like the guys voice that much, but it's a matter of respect.

****ing sick bastards Dean are.

+, I agree with everything this man said.
Hmm, are their other MLs actually any good?
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Feb 17, 2008,
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Even Jackson didnt overuse Rhoads' name this much,and were talking about a company that ripped off Laiho and Lynch when they got well known because they wouldnt endorse them and they went to ESp instead.

I hate saying this every single time. Jackson didn't rip off of the so called ESP alexi signature model. It was alexi who was with Jackson and they had signature model in mind (along with Roope) called the RR/LL, which was essentially Alexi's Wild Child RR. But then all his gear got stolen and he couldn't get a new Jackson guitar in time because of the crappy Fender buyout. SO he switched to ESP because they could provide him a new guitar in a much shorter time. Then later, Jackson released the RR24, which I dont think should be called a rip off of Alexi's ESP, because Alexi wanted his ESP to be like his Jackson. Not sure about lynch though. Are you just talking about the finishes?
On the topic of alexis signature ESP, I think it's hilarious that he takes his own custom guitar, and puts a different pickup in it, It comes with emg hz stock, so it's understandable, but surely just put in the right pickup so its actually his custom?
But I guess it already costs loads.
On the subject of dime guitars, the high end ones are nice, but they should really stop now, I mean I love dime, but they're just milking it >=[
Jono
xXx
Who cares?
I mean REALLY?
Is it going to affect your life THAT much?
Dimebag was a legend, and they're keeping his name strong through the world of metal.

R.I.P Dime
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
TBH i don't care, the DIME name is more of a model number now than a tribute.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by 3lusiv3
Hmm, are their other MLs actually any good?

Not a big fan of the Korean ones but the American ones are second to none.

TS. That's life, deal with it. People want to make money, and they'll do it in any profitable way possible. It's not like they picked some rando guitar and put Dime's name on it anyways. Dime designed those god awful Razorbacks and all Dean is doing is producing a turdload of them. So what if Dimebag is on a Dean shirt, it's the same thing as wearing a Pantera shirt because they all have the same purpose. Advertising.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
"Even Jackson didnt overuse Rhoads' name this much"

The Rhoads line of guitars aren't in tribute to him they're a line of Jackson models, however they have released a couple of tributes (such as the 25th anniversary one).

And this whole Dean thing is the thing that pisses me off most in guitars.
They're not even being subtle anymore, I remember the days of the Dime signature guitars and the lower range tribute model, what was that? three years ago? In three years they've managed to rape his name harder than you could rape an old woman who is tied to a ****ing tree.
Now they release the stealth model, a very popular model, they did what Ibanez did with their RG550, released a new version because peopel were buying the orginals second hand for cheaper. But the thing is, the new stealth will have an LFR and a dimebucker and probably be made in Vietnam or summin'.
They better urn out of ideas soon. Their own fault for being stupid, using near enough all of their choices (signatures, tributes, razorbacks, now washburns) after 4 years of him being dead.

Yes he was a good guitarist, and yes I am a pantera fan but in all honesty this whole dean thing has made it so that I won't listen to them of my own accord I just think "Errrgh plasticy tributes".

Grr
Quote by Punk_Ninja
"Even Jackson didnt overuse Rhoads' name this much"

The Rhoads line of guitars aren't in tribute to him they're a line of Jackson models, however they have released a couple of tributes (such as the 25th anniversary one).

+1
Randy's model started the jackson company, so they're not exactly raping his name. it's just like Gibson using the Les Paul name.

also the only reason alexi switched was because they COULDN'T make him a new guitar in time and ESP could. I sound like a jackson fanboy.

I've never played a dean I liked, necks are too chunky for me and they just don't feel nice, I really don't understand how anyone can buy the dime models apart from wanting the name. at least most other sig models have some redeeming feature, I can't find any with the MLs and razorbacks.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
At least most other sig models have some redeeming feature, I can't find any with the MLs and razorbacks.

The Dimebag signatures MAY have some redeeming features (heavily doubt it, the graphic seems to be the most redeeming thing on them) but the MLs and Razorbacks that just have DIME stamped on them aren't signatures.

Dimebag designed the Razrobacks, never even played the first one, the tuners were getting bought at the time he died.
And he didn't even use Vs so why the RB V has "DIME" stamped on it is beyond me.

Fender strats don't have "LEO" on them, to be honest they should just have "Dean" on the headstock and the model on the trussrod cover or small on the headstock or something.

Damn rapists, ruined my evening meal. (I'm not eating an evning meal BTW).
they are fairly raping his name...and to be honest didint he only change to dean a few weeks before he died? he used washburn most of his career...so if your a true dimebag fan id go with one of those :/
Quote by Sora 01
they are fairly raping his name...and to be honest didint he only change to dean a few weeks before he died? he used washburn most of his career...so if your a true dimebag fan id go with one of those :/

Dime was using Deans when Pantera was a Glam Metal band and his Deans were still in use throughout the nineties. He only switched over because Dean Zelinsky scrapped the Dean company due to the fact that 'Floyd Roses with guitars attached to it' were prominent in the eighties. Plus, Dimebag's most recognizable axe is that lightning bolt Dean.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Dime was using Deans when Pantera was a Glam Metal band and his Deans were still in use throughout the nineties. He only switched over because Dean Zelinsky scrapped the Dean company due to the fact that 'Floyd Roses with guitars attached to it' were prominent in the eighties. Plus, Dimebag's most recognizable axe is that lightning bolt Dean.

did he? ive never seen him with one before damaga plan...

http://www.despupalliton.ch/web/tagebuch/images/dimebag.jpg

there hes using a washburn if your meaning hes never used washburns...
Quote by Sora 01

http://www.deanguitars.com/dime/young_dime/pages/Darrell%20020_jpg.htm

with a dean back in the glamtera years
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I do not care about name of the guitar, you can call it ultimate-guitar and i still buy cuz of the shape! and whats the problem with using the name of great guitarist? if someone doesnt like him, so focking what? it's your opinion. but i love razorback v's shape.
P.S. Gibson uses Les Paul's name for god knows how many years, RRs series, ESPs series, all signatures names, it happened to be Dime's signature guitars are well selling now, and it doesnt matter if guitarist is alive or not. so what the fock is you problem, ppl??
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Also I like the shape of washburn stealth, so either its DEAN or WASHBURN or any other company, i care about quality of sound and look
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
I guess it's bad because they are basically saying that Dimebag invented the ML, but he bought them and changed them.

I don't mind Dean using Dimebag's name to help them advertise guitars, not like it's gonna kill me or anything.
He didn't invent the ML, man. He popularized it, and its different. and if you check: ML stands for Mat Lynn, Dean's close friend, NOT Dime's name
Lazer LG-180A
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
Last edited by EARNEST at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by RandyRhoads2
because this is completely disrespectful at this point,I actually saw a shirt with dime on it,and on the back it said "The Dean ML Has Been Around For 30 Years,Isnt It Time You get Your Wings?",and wtf is with the 20 somthing Dime guitars?Even Jackson didnt overuse Rhoads' name this much,and were talking about a company that ripped off Laiho and Lynch when they got well known because they wouldnt endorse them and they went to ESp instead.
I used to like Deans too.

Let me answer your question with another question my friend. Is the government ever going to stop raping america?
Quote by shibbiez
Let me answer your question with another question my friend. Is the government ever going to stop raping america?

Hopefully sometime soon, I mean honestly, it can't get any worse can it?

Right?
yea they kind of are, but the last one I played was the dimebag one with the lightning bolts (the name escapes me), and it was one of the best guitars i've played in a while
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Jesus, who brought this back? This thread is a month old.

Quote by Sora 01

I never said he didn't use a Washburn.

I'm well aware he used one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by EARNEST
I do not care about name of the guitar, you can call it ultimate-guitar and i still buy cuz of the shape! and whats the problem with using the name of great guitarist? if someone doesnt like him, so focking what? it's your opinion. but i love razorback v's shape.
P.S. Gibson uses Les Paul's name for god knows how many years, RRs series, ESPs series, all signatures names, it happened to be Dime's signature guitars are well selling now, and it doesnt matter if guitarist is alive or not. so what the fock is you problem, ppl??

I can't understand this fully but I'll try to respond.
We aren't saying you don't have opinion, and that they are bad guitars (well I've been sayign they suck for the price for a while but they are decent guitars in some respects) we're talking abotu how near enough every ML or even V nowadays that comes out of Dean's factory has "DIME" printed to cover nearly the whole headstock, and they're big headstocks. That or creating guitars with Dime's face largely on the paintjob.

You are also wrong about Les Paul, RR and ESP signatures.
The Les Paul model is the guitar Les Paul designed. Yes Gibson do rape the model but ask a les paul player who les paul is and they probably won't have a clue. Ask a Dean user who Dime is, and it'll probably be the guy who made them want to buy the guitar!

Now with RR guitars, sorta the same deal with Les Paul. None of them are actually 'tributes' and notice they're called "RRVs" not "Randy Rhoads Vs" and they don't have his name ANYWHERE on the guitar (maybe on tribute ones which I mention somewhere above in the thread).

And signature guitars are different, Achang, Noisy and Panther of the (ex) Sex Machineguns, all use their ESP signatures. So does Kiko Loureiro, so do those metallica and slayer guys, etc etc etc and in a lot of cases their name is nowhere on the guitar. If it is, they had a say in that.
Now with dimebag, he never played a lot of the guitars which have his name or face on them, he never had a say in how the razorbacks are NOW. He designed the RB ML and V, never played them, yet they're being sold off to people thinking they're dime signatures because of the name on the headstock. It's getting stupid, just look at their website, see how many dimebag guitars you can see. I'll tell you there will be way more than any other guitar on the site.
dean is a dying company, you can ask any guitar dealer/manufacturer. they hardly have a working custom shop and their sales are down big time. Dime is their last chance at making it as a company. and every little metal-loser 6th grader with long hair is going to buy a dime-o-fag guitar because of what it is no matter what the cost.

sucks he is dead, but it had to happen eventually. people die. thats how it goes.
Quote by LP Addict
dean is a dying company, you can ask any guitar dealer/manufacturer. they hardly have a working custom shop and their sales are down big time. Dime is their last chance at making it as a company. and every little metal-loser 6th grader with long hair is going to buy a dime-o-fag guitar because of what it is no matter what the cost.

sucks he is dead, but it had to happen eventually. people die. thats how it goes.

Well considering they sell a lot of guitars due to Dimesploitation, I'd say they'd stick around just because of that.

I think what's vital to Dean's survival is FAIR prices and less Dime models.

I swear to god I will ANNIHILATE the next little shit I see with a Far Beyond Driven or a Cowboys From Hell guitar.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
HAHHAHAHA i know man. i just got out of 3 months of school with a white trash tsouthern guitarist who only listens to zakk wylde and dimebag, because they also are white trash, and white trash apparently stick together. and i'd always mess with him and say things like "im glad dime is dead because he didnt use his pinky when he played" and stuff to get him to want to fight.

Dean needs to find their roots as an american guitar company, and make guitars that dont completely blow ass.
Quote by LP Addict
HAHHAHAHA i know man. i just got out of 3 months of school with a white trash tsouthern guitarist who only listens to zakk wylde and dimebag, because they also are white trash, and white trash apparently stick together. and i'd always mess with him and say things like "im glad dime is dead because he didnt use his pinky when he played" and stuff to get him to want to fight.

Dean needs to find their roots as an american guitar company, and make guitars that dont completely blow ass.

Well they DO make good guitars. Their American guitars like the Time Capsules, the Exotics and the Lost 100 series guitars are great. The '79 series imports are good too. The '79s are also priced very well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I swear to god I will ANNIHILATE the next little shit I see with a Far Beyond Driven or a Cowboys From Hell guitar.

Hey at least the Dime rapers near you use ones based off guitars Dime actually played, all I see are the 3/4 sized Cowboys from hell guitar, the one with his face on it all huge like and very cheap MLs.

Someone needs to inform Dean how retarded they are. . .maybe if we make an elaborate plan to get a Dime lookalike to haunt Dean in his sleep it can happen.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Hey at least the Dime rapers near you use ones based off guitars Dime actually played, all I see are the 3/4 sized Cowboys from hell guitar, the one with his face on it all huge like and very cheap MLs.

Someone needs to inform Dean how retarded they are. . .maybe if we make an elaborate plan to get a Dime lookalike to haunt Dean in his sleep it can happen.

Don't for get the Dime-O-Flames and Dime-O-Flage.

It's really too bad. I like Dean guitars too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Sora 01

Really? That's borderline insane, man. You'd have to have actively avoided every video and picture of Dime to not catch a whole crapload of Dean.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Don't for get the Dime-O-Flames and Dime-O-Flage.

Can't figure out if this is what you mean, but Dime did play a Dime-O-Flame finished ML a lot.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Mar 29, 2008,
Quote by LP Addict

You sound like trash yourself...
Be cool.
Page 1 of 4