ok my computer im forced to use till my other one is fixed doesnt have any sound why is this and what can I check to try and get it working, and I have checked all obvious things like volume control and such
do you have a sound card?
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
I like this guy's thinking.
Quote by deathbat831
check the grammar check too.

I dont desire to have good or perfect grammar to type on a forum so why should I?
I think you need to reinstall the driver for your sound, just go into google and download a free one... should work if you have XP.
www.myspace.com/nopeepingcommatom

Quote by Braindoctor
Dont ask for buttsecks straight away , wait about 3 minutes then WHAM stick it in her butt.

This guy knows his stuff!
Quote by PinguinLeader
do you have a sound card?

that I dont know I had to dig through the closet for this comp its old got it for free and never used it
it could be a sound card ... or drivers for the sound card
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I dont know what it is on american computers, but do this:

go to your start menu, then choose this thing to open things quick, maybe its called execute or something? anyway, if you have found it, type in 'dxdiag' that will open your directX. From there you can check your soundcard
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
Quote by bassguru
I think you need to reinstall the driver for your sound, just go into google and download a free one... should work if you have XP.

windows 98
The file SBPCI.VXD is uncertified, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs. You may be able to get a certified driver from the manufacturer of the hardware device.
DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (unknown error)

thats what came up after the sound check
seems like you need to install it again, so you need to search the drivers online

The name of the card should be given too somewhere, just search on google for 'name' drivers

Quote by Amalgam