Hi i'm looking for a Strat style guitar with a Scalloped fretboard, i am not looking to spend a fortune but will spend in the 300-500$ range with shipping for one. May look at non scalloped as well depending on colors/brand. Guitar should be in decent condition( no major chips, scratches, dings, etc...)

Thanks for your time .
The only scalloped guitars I can think of off hand are the Blackmore and Malmsteen signatures, and even used those are out of your price range.

If you haven't played on a scalloped fingerboard before, I would highly recommend buying a very cheap guitar and scalloping it yourself. You may very well not like using them or only want certain areas of the neck scalloped. The only way you can figure it out is by trying it yourself.

If you already have a Strat, you may just want to take that money and buy a scalloped neck.
Well i am more of looking for a custom job for one of the scallops lol, i dont feel like paying thousands of dollars for a name basically. I may try scalloping one myself but i still do not have a strat at all in my collection. Im just looking for a nice cheap strat guitar that is in good shape that wouldnt be bad for modding.
some mij models are scalloped.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
im not familiar with MIJ, any good reviews from you static?
I have a Tanglewood Floyd Rose Strat with a scalloped neck from 17-21.
SSS layout.

I live in the uk though.
So I dunno if it'd be worth it really?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Smeak
im not familiar with MIJ, any good reviews from you static?

MIJ = Made In Japan. I think he means Fender.
yes. MIJ = made in japan fender.

and just so everyone knows, I was walking around a music store here (in japan) the other day and as I always do, i took a quick look around for my favorite guitar, a 72 thinline reissue telecaster. fortunately, the store had a mim, mij, and mia model. the following may come as a shock to some, but if you've been able to compare side by side as I have then you know what I'm talking about.

the MIM was pretty much what youd expect. the wood was awfully grainy, finish too thick, neck felt good, but it's a higher end MIM model so this is kind of expected. I owned this guitar in the US. as i said before, it is my favorite guitar.
Now here is what surprised me. The lack of quality of the MIA.
1. the neck fit alarmingly poorly within the cavity. about a mm between the neck and body.
2. there was glue inside the f hole. looked kinda gross to be honest.
3. there was a small sliver with no finish on it, near where the neck meets the body. its clearly visible, and someone at fender obviously didnt do what they were supposed to.

what I have to say about the MIJ model is that it was absolutely perfect. my favorite guitar crafted beautifully out of top of the line parts and materials. had i $700 I would have dropped it immediately. bascially, I would take MIJ OVER MIA any day. especially considering price.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by Smeak
Hi i'm looking for a Strat style guitar with a Scalloped fretboard, i am not looking to spend a fortune but will spend in the 300-500$ range with shipping for one. May look at non scalloped as well depending on colors/brand. Guitar should be in decent condition( no major chips, scratches, dings, etc...)

Thanks for your time .

Hey smeak! I may have someting for you. I do scalloping and I have a red Fernandes Retro Rocket (strat style) that I would be willing to scallope and part with - $450 shipped.

Let me know if you are interested. I can send you some pictures of recent guitars I have done - my latest and favorite so far is a BC Rich Warlock that I inlayed with custom abalone bats and then did a Blackmore scallope (as opposed to the Malmsteen-style).

Let me know.
yeah if you could post some pictures i might be interested.
Here is the guitar I was talking about that I am willing to scallop and sell if you are interested. Barely used and near perfect condition. I have too many others right now.

Let me know. Send a PM with email address for more pictures.
Attachments:
fernandes.JPG
fernandes retro.JPG