Page 1 of 2
I couldn't find a thread about this amazing, underrated and very talented band so if anyone has anything to say about them - now here's the place
I agree, amazing, underrated and very talented. I think I saw them a few years back but I can't actually remember... I think they were supporting someone. I love them
Are they still around?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yes, they supported the Smashing Pumpkins on Valentines Day here. By supported, I think they played for longer than the Pumpkins themselves.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Feel a bit ripped off by that then?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I got recommended this band, listened to a few samples and enjoyed them. I'm probably going to pick up an album of their's soon.
They're great musically, but I can't stand how long some of their songs are
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by stepco12345
I got recommended this band, listened to a few samples and enjoyed them. I'm probably going to pick up an album of their's soon.

Be sure to get "Effloresce"

I love Oceansize, I agree with the OP, they are really really underrated.

Awesome live too, I'm looking forward to seeing them do their ten year anniversary here in Manchester (their hometown). if I'm right, they're playing three nights in a row at the Roadhouse, and playing a whole album live each night. Its either gonna be amazing, or appauling.
This week I have mostly been listening to...

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
As an additional remark, I would advise everybody to stfu and listen to Buz XD

currently listening to Frames and am glad i found this thread as this band rock
They supported Biffy on UK dates too, really great band. My uncle got me into them.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
thought I'd revived this therad, as this band is so freaking amazing...
...And The Nominees Are
Their first album is one of my very favourite rock albums of all time, simply stunning.

Not so impressed with what they've done since though, never really achieved the highs of the first album I didn't think.

Awesome live band too, loads of energy and 3 guitars wailing in your ears is quite something when done properly.
Quote by Mr Snrub
Their first album is one of my very favourite rock albums of all time, simply stunning.

Not so impressed with what they've done since though, never really achieved the highs of the first album I didn't think.

Awesome live band too, loads of energy and 3 guitars wailing in your ears is quite something when done properly.

Listen to this http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XhSo0NHK5QM the whole way through then try saying that again!
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
i listened to them a coupke of times, i liked what i heard. might listen to them some more now actually, while people are raving about them...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by M.O.P

Listen to this http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XhSo0NHK5QM the whole way through then try saying that again!
I've seen them live 3 times, heard that track on two occasions and although it's very good, it's not a patch on Women Who Love Men... , Saturday Morning... or Long Forgotten.
I thought this thread was about the Jane's Addiction song
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I haven't listened to Oceansize in ages but Frames is one hell of a good album.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I have all three albums....I think Everyone Into Position is my fave

Wierdest thing though...the other day I was flipping channels and that terrible show The OC was on, and "Meredith" was playing in the background
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
been listening to Frames for a few months and it is amazing to say the least!!!

what is the next album i should get
"We carry death out of the village!"
^Get Effloresce. It's such an amazing album.

I think that "You Wish" contains one of the most intense, apocalyptic riffs ever. It's 1:35 in and only last like ten seconds. Still, I crank it up every time and i have to do a slow, dramatic headbang.

(since the riff itself is slow)
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Such a good band, Ornament, Music for a Nurse, Women who love men who love drugs and One day all this culd be yours are personal favourites. Can't believe meredith was used on the oc as well, good job I think it's a filler track.
Anyone getting/got the Feed to Feed box set?

I haven't got it, but I heard it was the definition of win.
What genre are they considered.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
^
Post-Rock, Post-Metal, Progressive?

Can't wait for new album.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Be ****ing listening to these guys non stop for a while.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Did anyone catch Mike Vennart on TV with Biffy Clyro? He played Bubbles and Mountains with them on some Channel 4 show, it was pretty cool. They didn;t mention him by name or 'Size though.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Just found out about these guys while on a quest for new bands. Frames is just ending with now, and it was an amazing album. I can't wait to listen to the others.
Effloresce is probably their best, be sure to check out the EPs as well, Music For Nurses is great.

Cannot wait for the new album and tour, I'm considering going to see them on a few dates. This Town Needs Guns are supporting who are also fantastic.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Wow, nobody's posted here since self preserved came out?

'size have become one of my favourite bands over the last few months, and I saw them earlier this week in Birmingham. Incredible show!

Really want to get the feed to feed boxset when i can scrape together the cash, it looks amazing.
Page 1 of 2