just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the thickness in mm of a 'thin' 'medium' and 'heavy' guitar pick ?
JP
Depends on the brand and such.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
058 and 0.63
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
yep, depends on brand, give www.thomann.de a swatch as well, if you search for it then they usually have it listed in mm as well as thick/thin/whatever. What you really need however, is a dunlop jazz III XL. 2mm of the best plastic known to man.
Quote by big-jamie
whats so good abotu them ?

since liek a week after i got my last guitar, ive been playign with a sterlign silver plectrum, absolutely fantastic www.silverpicks.co.uk

i looked at the site and they would cost 40 bux to get one here (with shipping)

EDIT: my mum isnt a reliable currency converter. it would be more like 20 (australian)
i'm sure youd be able to find one on ebay or summin, or liek some famous guitarist, that used to play with a nickel, you could just file away all the faces n make it into a nice plectrum shape lol
JP
Quote by big-jamie
i'm sure youd be able to find one on ebay or summin, or liek some famous guitarist, that used to play with a nickel, you could just file away all the faces n make it into a nice plectrum shape lol

haha lol i think im gonna have to nick a some kind of metal from the metal-work room
Quote by big-jamie
whats so good abotu them ?

since liek a week after i got my last guitar, ive been playign with a sterlign silver plectrum, absolutely fantastic www.silverpicks.co.uk

If that was directed at me, about why jazz IIIs are so good.... They don't flex at all when playing, really they're best for lead styles obviously, not exactly oasis chord strumming, although I find they're fine for that too. Granted its personal preference, but thats mine. Jazz IIIs>anything else.
as far as i know their acctual silver

''Silver Plectrum Designs
Silver plectrum designs. 925 Sterling silver plectrums for playing guitar.The perfect gift for a guitarist.''

straight from the site, and theres 18ct gold ones aswell
JP